• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

THC and Psilocybin in the blood stream?

echootje

TRIBE Member
The reading I'm finding online say "regular/heavy users may still have traces of THC in the blood stream up to one month after use"

I can't find anything re: Psilocybin.

Can anybody help me out? I need to be sure this isn't in my bloodstream when the time comes to take a blood test.

I've waited 1.5 months for both so far...

Rob

patri©k

TRIBE Member
you're fine for both. do a search for 'drug tests'

or 'drugs in the system'

you'll find the info.

patrick

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by catilyst
Anyone wonder why the good natural weed stays in you so much longer than most of the other stuff??
because THC attaches itself to fat cells.. they stick around a lot longer..

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
because THC attaches itself to fat cells.. they stick around a lot longer..
yup yup

THC is not water soluble so it's not like you can drink lots of water in hopes of flushing out your system

stirry: got the ability to hold two lightsabers in KOTOR. awesome.

sen

TRIBE Member
is that site saying that the upper bound limit for "frequent users with a low metabalism" is only 30 days?

Quirkz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
The reading I'm finding online say "regular/heavy users may still have traces of THC in the blood stream up to one month after use"

I can't find anything re: Psilocybin.

Can anybody help me out? I need to be sure this isn't in my bloodstream when the time comes to take a blood test.

I've waited 1.5 months for both so far...

Rob
Blood tests aren't normally for drug metabolites anyways. They aren't really used for anything but an immediate picture of what you've been doing. But why would you even care?? So what if you tested for pot and shrooms in a hospital test for something having to do with your health? Because you would feel embarassed? It's not like the doctors going to get mad or something.

THC is fat soluble and acumulates in fat cells. That has nothing to do with wether or not drinking water helps flush your system. It does.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: THC and Psilocybin in the blood stream?

Originally posted by Quirkz
They aren't really used for anything but an immediate picture of what you've been doing. But why would you even care??
some employers demand a drug test before you start your job. Also, some employers have random drug tests.

can't really be trustworthy of handling certain things if you're under the influence of anything.

me bad sen: I should learn how to read :p

sen

TRIBE Member
no problem...
i'm just curious cause i might be in a position where i would have to pass a test in order to get a job...

i've been wondering this question for a while...

but i still question the reliability of the source...

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sen
no problem...
i'm just curious cause i might be in a position where i would have to pass a test in order to get a job...

i've been wondering this question for a while...

but i still question the reliability of the source...
remember that one canadian snowboarder who had his medal stripped away cause they found THC in his system? He claimed that the last time he was around dope was 3 or 4 months prior so it may stay in your system that long.

I doubt you can get a definate answer tho.

g'luck with the job.

Quirkz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
remember that one canadian snowboarder who had his medal stripped away cause they found THC in his system? He claimed that the last time he was around dope was 3 or 4 months prior so it may stay in your system that long.
I'm sure the tests used at the olympics are much more advanced then typical.

Quirkz

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: THC and Psilocybin in the blood stream?

some employers demand a drug test before you start your job. Also, some employers have random drug tests.
I said if he was getting a blood test for health reasons then why worry, the case you are talking about is obvious. but he said blood test. Not very often blood tests by employers, not ever afaik.

echootje

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: THC and Psilocybin in the blood stream?

Originally posted by Quirkz
Blood tests aren't normally for drug metabolites anyways. They aren't really used for anything but an immediate picture of what you've been doing. But why would you even care?? So what if you tested for pot and shrooms in a hospital test for something having to do with your health? Because you would feel embarassed? It's not like the doctors going to get mad or something.

THC is fat soluble and acumulates in fat cells. That has nothing to do with wether or not drinking water helps flush your system. It does. [/B]
Life insurance - that's why I care.

Rob

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jus me
You still haven't taken that insurance test???

I thought that was months ago!
Might feel that way but it's ony been 1.5 months since I mentioned it.

Rob

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member

did you expect him to say he burned a big doob the night before the race??