• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

that *ONE* @$%&$ing song!!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
alright, you know what i'm talking about.... you're listening to one of your absolute favourite, tried, tested and true favourite albums in it's entirety...

and then, it comes on....

the ONE song that you hate. the ONE song that you *always* skip through on the album that just doesn't seem to "fit" with the mojo of the rest of the tracks!

for some reason, i always find that one of those songs that just "irks" me happens to infiltrate every album that's in my top 50. like a temporary lapse in the flow of genius for the sake of chucking that less-than-perfect offering in there.

what ones stand out in your mind, and on which albums?

for me, in no particular order, they are:

(the inspiration for this thread)
the dandy warhols - come down - minnesoter

radiohead - ok computer - fitter, happier

air - the virgin suicides soundtrack - the last track that always scares the SHIT out of me when i fall asleep to this cd.

massive attack - mezzanine - man next door

air - talkie walkie - alpha beta gaga

(i could go on and on...!)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Every time I listen to "A Grand Don't Come For Free" by The Streets I always skip past track 3 "Not Addicted"

I find it doesn't fit in to the story of the album and is quite sloppy in the lyrics on an otherwise fantastic album

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
'We Only Come Out At Night' - Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness...WTF guys.

Pretty much the whole John Fuschiante solo album that he did between stints with the Chili Peppers. If you ever want to make your brain leak out, this is the album for you.

Vincent Vega

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
the Chili Peppers.

Funny you should mention RHCP. My entry in this category would be crappy Track 10 "Throw away your television" on the otherwise brilliant By The Way.

(And Flashy, have some empathy for John Frusciante, he was barely human while doing most of his solo stuff)

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
top of my head?

NIN - Broken - Gave Up
Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio - Fear of the Dark
Tina Turner - Private Dancer - Private Dancer
Air - Moon Safari - Kelly watch the stars

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Vincent Vega said:
Funny you should mention RHCP. My entry in this category would be crappy Track 10 "Throw away your television" on the otherwise brilliant By The Way.

(And Flashy, have some empathy for John Frusciante, he was barely human while doing most of his solo stuff)

Ha, that's true.

Oh, and speaking of the chili peppers..."Pea" from One Hot Minute

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Um when I'm listening to the radio and fucking COLDPLAY comes on every five minutes. Will they die already please. How the fuck did a scrotal squeezing clown like Chris Martin ever make it as a singer. Oh wait, the same way the dude from Sum 41 did.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
'We Only Come Out At Night' - Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness...WTF guys.

Pretty much the whole John Fuschiante solo album that he did between stints with the Chili Peppers. If you ever want to make your brain leak out, this is the album for you.

eugh. good choice.

i think there's one song like that on every pumpkins album that i dislike.

let me think....

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
JESuX said:
eugh. good choice.

i think there's one song like that on every pumpkins album that i dislike.

let me think....

There's a couple on that album, probably something to do with the fact that it was a double disc and the law of averages and I'm sure Jimmy Chamberlain being Fuschiante'd on heroin the whole time didn't help matters any.

"Take Me Down" is another one.

Oh, and I often skip about half of every DJ Krush album...I love the guy to death, but holy fuck, listening to a song comprised entirely of birds chirping and whooooosh is not my idea of a happy drive to work.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Syntax Error said:
that my favourite song from that album. i would pick last.

oh shit, I didn't read the topic closely, and chose the songs I'd skip back to... boh well.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
^
Why does radio play a song for almost a year? How many times have I heard "Wake Me Up When September Ends".

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
radiohead - ok computer - fitter, happier

air - the virgin suicides soundtrack - the last track that always scares the SHIT out of me when i fall asleep to this cd.

massive attack - mezzanine - man next door

air - talkie walkie - alpha beta gaga
YES!!!
Agree also with the pumpkins, I remember having their double album on tape and having to FF through a song or two.

Cypress Hill-Temple of Boom-red light visions? can't remember the name
Daft Punk-Homework-high fidelity

And I'm sick of Coldplay too, so whiny.

sugar

TRIBE Member
I can't think of an album I have that "doesn't* have at least one song that I skip through. But most of the time it's not because I hate the song, it's usually because it's boring.

One that stands out that bugs the shit outta me is on Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy: The Crunge.

seeker

TRIBE Member
the only one that really sticks out is on the Platipus Ultimate Dream Collection

Robert Miles - Children

even then I'll still listen to it occasionally, it just doesn't always beg for my attention.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
radiohead - ok computer - fitter happier
yeah yeah yeahs - fever to tell - cold light
bjork - homogenic - immature (wtf happened!! the album was good until this song happened...)
bloc party - silent alarm - little thoughts
oh and the best of the best...

k-os - joyful rebellion - dirty water... WAS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO RECRUIT SAM ROBERTS K-OS??? SING IT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!