• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

that dog is back...ON THE ESCALTOR!

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Seriously, when the fuck did it become okay to take your dogs inside the PATH? I don't if it's because I work right above Holt Renfrew and as far as entitled bitties who bring their pootches everywhere, this is pretty much ground zero, but it's pretty much a dog-park some mornings up in this piece. Today I saw a border collie riding the escalator up as I was walking down the stairs. He was alone, no owner in sight, that is until I saw some guy chatting up a fine young lady holding a leash as Lassie went on a solo cruise to potential bloodbath land.

I almost lost it a al Brodie in Mallrats but kept my cool but just as I turned the corner there was a chihuahua poking it's little rat head out of a some chicks LV bag.

All of a sudden it's just like critical mass and the pootch patrol has taken over! Is this like the smoking ban, once everyone just starts doing it, it's cool? Is the PATH a private club like This is London?

Can I bring my dog Chewbacca to Garnier tonight?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
What? That shouldn't be...what, are these idiots walking around with pooper scoopers too?

Lodge a complaint...Who owns the PATH, anyway?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Lodge a complaint...Who owns the PATH, anyway?
I assume it's shared by all the buildings it connects.

Maybe it's a lawless territory? I think I might go take over the abandoned 'Buck or Two' store and declare it my own private Alamo.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
There's got to be someone to complain to...Lie and tell them you stepped in dogshit on your way to work. I'm almost positive that there were no dogs allowed in the PATH when I used to work in the Financial District, though that was upwards of five years ago and predated the 'let's carry our not-so-much-a-dog-as-a-hamster chihuahuas in our purses like Paris' trend.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
But I'm seeing dogs everyday down there. Of all shapes and sizes.

The border-collie cruising up the escalator while sitting on his ass was too much for me to handle. I mean, I guess if he was wearing a tie, it would of been a bit more acceptable, but this was an outrage.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
and predated the 'let's carry our not-so-much-a-dog-as-a-hamster chihuahuas in our purses like Paris' trend.

That was going on well before you were born. What is it with this generatrion thinking we invented everything??

PS Flashy, this is directed at a number of recent Tribe posts.

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Ha...

Yesterday I'm in Harry Rosens looking at suits. This nice lady is helping me when a guy and girl with 3 dogs walk in. She looks over, and says to me... "I hope for their sake those dogs are trained because if they aren't they'll be paying for the renovations down here".

I'm a dog person through and through, but keep your damn mutts out of the stores. Going shopping is not the same as taking your dog for a walk.

How the sales lady knew I'd agree I'll never know. But I couldn't have agreed more.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Bumbaclat said:
That was going on well before you were born. What is it with this generatrion thinking we invented everything??

PS Flashy, this is directed at a number of recent Tribe posts.

It all begins and ends with Paris.

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Small dogs are now allowed at hospitals and on aircraft, so I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed in the PATH. As long as they don't piss or shit all over the place I don't see what the problem is. Besides I would rather share my space with a dog than some of the idiots in the financial district.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Small dogs are allowed in hospitals? I can understand long-term and chronic care facilities, those little fuckers can put a smile on an old bastards face. But for some reason a cocker spaniel scampering around the ER just seems a tad ummmm retarded?

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
I agree.. . I’m a big dog lover, but they are animals

Psychiatry patients are even allowed to bring there dogs when their inpatients and some other just bring them to appointments. And there are therapy dogs that visit the medical and palliative care floors..

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
drleo.jpg

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
lol I love how every thread lately turns into an argument about racism or an orgiastic posting of pics in dog costumes (I did start this particular orgy though).

KickIT

TRIBE Member
One of my co-workers came into the office on Monday to find a pile of dog shit in his cubicle!

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
KickIT said:
One of my co-workers came into the office on Monday to find a pile of dog shit in his cubicle!
Are you sure you just didn't take a dump in there on break, chuck?

p.s. what up homeboy?

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Bumbaclat said:

Inventing vs popularizing are two different things.

sugar

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
Small dogs are now allowed at hospitals and on aircraft, so I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed in the PATH. As long as they don't piss or shit all over the place I don't see what the problem is. Besides I would rather share my space with a dog than some of the idiots in the financial district.

On ER last night they kicked the dog out of the hospital. But it was farting, so maybe that was why.

Also, all the photos in this thread are cracking me up.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
Maybe I'm missing the point here, but what's wrong with having the dogs inside PATH?

Have they been shitting and pissing in there? Are your allergies going crazy because they are near you?

In all honesty I can understand why Harry Rosen might not want dogs in there, but truthfully, if they behave I really don't see the problem. And of course, if a dog does anything to damage the facilities or a sale item, sure, the owner is responsible for it. Its no different from a situation in which a human pisses on the ground or gets makeup on a piece of clothing. Heck, some dogs are better behaved than humans!

I really don't understand people who get all offended just because someone has a dog in any indoors place, especially when the dog is inside a carrier. I mean, what can a dog in a carrier even do? shit inside its little bag? oooh, yeah that would stink, but no worse than your own farts, which I'm sure you let rip in any store and easily walk away from.

My bottom line: Unless the dog is wreaking havoc or making a mess, you really should get over yourself.