• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Testy Icicles: Hot Beats to Warm Your Cockles (tech-house, breaks, electro)

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
It's cold outside and I've got nothing better to do than spin music so I thought I'd record something.

There's some new stuff here but I've been digging through my older records lately and a lot of good tracks that I loved a couple of years ago I'm playing again. The result is a bit of old and new, breaks and tech, something of a hodge podge of sounds, like a good warm stew for your ears.

Download

2raumwohnung - Ich und Elanine (2raumwohnung Club Mix)
Kalle-M - Dom
Laid - Me (Zoo Brazil Remix)
Gorillaz - Dare (Soulwax Remix)
Stanton Warriors - Blue
Elite Force - Shadowbox
Meat Katie & Elite Force - Nu-tron
Fex - What Girls Like
Thugfucker - Pocket Rocket
Christopher Just - I'm a Disco Dancer (John Tejada Remix)
Mike Monday - That Shit Was...?
Drama Society - The Accident
Steph Highland - Darksystem (Dub)
Fred Everything - Friday (Trentemoller Remix)
Booka Shade - Point Break
Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch (Playgroup Vocal)
Holmar Filipsson - Killer Sun

nuttz

TRIBE Member
I like this mix. I really like it alot. Nice mash up of a Genres Really feeling the Glitchy Tech house.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

faunty

TRIBE Member
I love that Kalle-M track and its mixed with the first track so seemless - nice.

haven't got to the rest of it yet - just repeated that switch 3 times - i can't ever recalls vocals being mixed together - well sort of but not so well done.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Thanks. The vocal mix was a bit of a happy accident that I came across messing around a while back. I liked the way it worked that I thought I'd try tossing in the mix.

Also, I've got most of my old mixes up on my site. Download and go nuts.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Oh yeah. Like this mix! But then again, we've got a same-planet deal when it comes to musical preferences...

RetroElectroBreaksMashups rule!!!:)

oeretS

TRIBE Member
Dr Funk MD said:
Boo. I can't get tickets so it seems I'm not going either. :(
looks like we all slept on this one, let's have a drunken ladytron protest party that night instead

nice mix btw, love the tunes

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Thanks everyone! If anyone cares I have a gig coming up at the end of the month. Keep you eyes and ears peeled.

And yes, Rich is gay.