• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Terrorism Related Charges Laid by RCMP in Toronto

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Police make terrorism-related arrests in Toronto area, RCMP spokeswoman says

Canadian Press

Several people have been arrested in the Toronto area on terrorism-related charges, the RCMP announced Friday night.

The arrests were made Friday in co-operation with the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team, Cpl. Michele Paradis, an RCMP spokeswoman, said in a release.

Police would not say how many people were arrested, but Paradis said the arrests were made in the Greater Toronto Area.

“The investigation is ongoing,” Ms. Paradis said Friday night.

Details of the arrests were to be released at a Saturday morning news conference, Ms. Paradis said.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060602.0602terrorarrests/BNStory/Front/home

dun duhn DUHN

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
"The Canadian Press is reporting that sources allege the arrests are in connection to an Ontario explosives plot."

anybody care to speculate on what the target would have been? I know Tribe enjoys a good speculatin'

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Beats-Mistress

TRIBE Member
Does everyone believe all this?
Sometimes it looks like as if CSIS and RCMP are just saying this to promote more support for a war.

It's scary to think that we live amongst war mongers too....and you just never know what to believe from the media :confused:

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
I was on the phone w my friend who works at the food basics at markham and sheppard in scarborough and he was telling me there's a whole ETF team outside getting ready for something to go down. could that be it? but then again, its close to malvern, so that may be gang-related.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

A list of the adults arrested and charged with terrorism-related offences under the Criminal Code. Five youths, who cannot be named, were also charged:

1. Fahim Ahmad, 21, Toronto;

2. Zakaria Amara, 20, Mississauga, Ont.;

3. Asad Ansari, 21, Mississauga;

4. Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, Mississauga;

5. Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, Mississauga;

6. Mohammed Dirie, 22, Kingston, Ont.;

7. Yasim Abdi Mohamed, 24, Kingston;

8. Jahmaal James, 23, Toronto;

9. Amin Mohamed Durrani, 19, Toronto;

10. Steven Vikash Chand alias Abdul Shakur, 25, Toronto;

11. Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, 21, Mississauga;

12. Saad Khalid, 19, of Eclipse Avenue, Mississauga.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Bernnie Federko said:
The arrests were made Friday in co-operation with the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team, Cpl. Michele Paradis, an RCMP spokeswoman, said in a release.

what is INSET? is that like CTU or the dep't of homeland security of something?

does our country have a jack bauer? that's awesome.

why would terror-mongers want to blow up yorkville or any other canadian target, anyway? what the hell would that prove? it's not like the u.s. government would really notice or care.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Beats-Mistress said:
Sometimes it looks like as if CSIS and RCMP are just saying this to promote more support for a war.

It's scary to think that we live amongst war mongers too....and you just never know what to believe from the media :confused:

Dear Beats Mistress,

THREE tonnes of ammonium nitrate.

I'm guessing it wasn't for use as a fertilizer.

And yes - that RCMP - always trying to dig up propoganda for a war. I bet they're behind the census, too! :O

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Klubmasta Will said:
this will do wonders for racial harmony in this city.

I think that is one of the objectives of these terrorist types Will. They want to perpetuate a battle between themselves and anyone who is not them.

tonep

TRIBE Member
wow, reading that made me dumber

Beats-Mistress said:

littlejon

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
linky

edit: how do you shorten a link ie: "clicky" or "linky" and have the full URL inside it?

the url is posted twice, once in [square quotes] and once in PLAIN TEXT, followed by an /url in [square quotes].

the info you want to change is conveniently higlighted, delete the long url and change it to whatever you wish.

Last edited:

triplem

TRIBE Member
Beats-Mistress said:

Let's look at some of the headlines:

Wednesday - CSIS can't protect us
Thursday - Taleban threatens to attack Canada
Friday - We caught terrorists

How much more "Hollywood" can you get?

:rolleyes:

I do not trust our government or our media very much these days. :(

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
i was talking about this just last night after reading an article in the globe and mail saying canada would be targeted because of its involvment in afghanistan.

060603_terror4_300.jpg

this picture is scary!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
We have a lot of targets that would get international media coverage if hit. Every time I walk through the eaton centre on a Sunday afternoon and look up at the huge glass ceiling I think about it .

We have been pretty slow to prepare generally. I notice how they only got around to replacing some of cylindrical solid trashcans at the Bloor/Yonge TTC station platforms recently - you can still find tons of them in other TTC stations (although changing them might be far too much to ask of the coddled and overpaid TTC maintenance workers - heaven forbid, they could have another strike over it, the fucks). There are still lots of buildings and malls in TO where you can find coin-operated lockers. There are no barracades to prevent a car or truck from driving right into Nathan Phillips Square... The list is very long...

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
this will do wonders for racial harmony in this city.

At least in this case, there have been actual charges laid, with arrests and evidence.

Unlike the "arrests" that the people being kept at Guantanamo are being held on.

These people are destined for a proper trial. Hopefully our operation might serve as more of a "how-to" on how to deal with this kind of problem. (instead of just locking people up without charge or representation)

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
I think that is one of the objectives of these terrorist types Will. They want to perpetuate a battle between themselves and anyone who is not them.

is it? i thought their goal (misguided as it is) was to raise awareness and show their targets that they'd better stay out of their shit, or else.

does canada really stick its nose into their business enough to warrant this?

what message were they trying to send?