• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Terrible bastardization of a great tune

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
yeah that's bad the beging is damn redundent - the little breaks it has amoungst the redundence is kinda cool - but still pretty predictable - and then at the 2min mark - gawd why??
never really liked anything of carl cox - he is a brand of cheese coxcheese

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ian

TRIBE Member
Man. . . I remember seeing Cox play at Industry one Sunday night. . . what a weird night. . . I hated 25% of what he played and thought it was the worst cheese ever. The remaining 75% was wicked and his mixing kept Robin and I on the floor (sober mind you) for 6 hours when we meant to stay for one! I've never had that happen before. It was kind of like the time Todd Smith tied me up and fed me vegemite whilst spanking me with that ostrich feather. . . after a while it became good!

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
You took a lickin that nite buddy! Bet Robin was really "in the mood" after that night.

I still got the video if anyone is interested.

BTW - on topic, this tunes sux major ass. I love how Cox rereleases Pontape a month earlier then throws this tripe out.

odbx

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
carl cox needs some serious dental work.

cox220x220.jpg

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
this is the funniest fuckin thread I've read

in love you longtime

fuck i'm hungover

that yacht coulda been hoppin last night....if the needles weren't

Destro

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
D-man,

Every boat party could be hoppin' if the needles weren't, that's the problem with boat parties. THE NEEDLES ALWAYS HOP!!

odbx

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Woohoo.

If you mix Renato Cohen's Pontape over the Tim Deluxe original, then you have this record.

Way to go coxy :rolleyes:

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
lets all cry wolf over something mute. Cox has done more than myself and anyother of you people...wow, lets all be judgemental on a track(s)

god damn i am no master fucking producer but ill put my penny where my mouth is.... what have you've done?

put up or shut up.

nip her in the butt i say... loose the f'in "im higher than god" attitude.I read that somewhere.......

Skipper

TRIBE Member
lol!
The last LAST person I thought I'd ever hear defending carl cox is doug... ;)
I still haven't heard the man live - am hoping to when i'm in the UK this fall - but let's be honest. This track is shiite.

There's nothing original - serious to god, he mixed Pontape and It won't do together, recorded it, and pressed it to vinyl.

He's a wicked DJ but I don't think he will ever be equally as good in the studio.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
lets all cry wolf over something mute. Cox has done more than myself and anyother of you people...wow, lets all be judgemental on a track(s)

god damn i am no master fucking producer but ill put my penny where my mouth is.... what have you've done?

put up or shut up.

nip her in the butt i say... loose the f'in "im higher than god" attitude.I read that somewhere.......

right on Tekkid

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
He's a fucking fantastic DJ... no... scratch that... the man is an Entertainer! always mad energry when ever I've seen him and never fails to get people to lose their shit.

As for productions, I have not heard everything he's ever made, but from what I have heard and what I've purchased, most is quality. Everyone makes a bad tune here and there.... not to mention the fact that musical taste is pretty subjective. What some people think is crap others will think is the best ever... but ya... I think this tune is balls :p

p.s. Carl Cox Rocks!

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
He's a fucking fantastic DJ... no... scratch that... the man is an Entertainer!

As for productions, I have not heard everything he's ever made, but from what I have heard and what I've purchased, most is quality.

p.s. Carl Cox Rocks!

I have some original Carl Cox stuff on disc. It is very good/original. I like it. He is a really good DJ. Like other people have been saying, he's really entertaining. There is alwys someone who doesn't like something. And it is a message board so they will put up their views on the topic. So it IS to be expected.

L-T