Councillor Mary-Margaret McMahon has suggested that term limits for Toronto City Councillors (and the mayor) would be a good thing, and I agree.
- Would scrape out a lot of the crud in Council now.
- Would encourage new and younger people to get involved in municipal politics.
- Would reduce the impact of political parties driving the agenda at the expense of citizens.
- Would curtail corruption that sems to become normal after politicians have been around too long.
- Would limit how long we would have to put up with incompetent Councillors.
- Would bring in new ideas and thinking.