• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tennis 2013

skin deep

TRIBE Member
Holy crap, Canada in the Davis Cup semifinals!!! This is pretty amazing, Serbia gonna be a hard opponent but so much can happen in the Davis Cup format.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I don't know haven't seen the H&M stuff, but Raonic's gear looked like it's stuff from the Walmart discount rack.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Djokovic's stuff (in person) is such cheap shit quality. A polo is about $60 at uniqlo here in Paris, and the zip-up is $100. This stuff won't last more than a season.

I bet Lacoste paid Raonic 1/2 of what NB is paying him anyways, so it's all about the money. Djoker left Sergio Tachini to Uniqlo b/c tacchini couldn't pay him on time and enough.

kuba

TRIBE Member
it's so easy yet difficult to get here. the flight isn't long, the apartments aren't expensive, and it's close to the subway. the hard part is tickets. no scalpers, everything via the tennis french federation, and unless you get the 3 courts (1, 2 and 3) then you're left scrambling for seats. i'm glad I came when I can afford a drink here because shit ain't cheap. that said it's like a pilgrimage for me, very important that I got here and next up is Wimby and US. If you ever want to go I'd gladly share the tips I learned and I definitely will come back so hey, who knows!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Tsonga better beat Ferrer. Would be great atmosphere with Frenchman in final, and more importantly, Ferrer would just be brutal for a Final.
Shame that Djoker and Nadal were drawn in same half, so ridiculous.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

skin deep

TRIBE Member
Shoulda bet on this Tsonga match, was certain Fed was going to lose. Used up a lot of steam to keep the quarter streak alive and I think basically knew that he wouldn't stand a chance against Nole/Rafa in the final. Hopefully he has another Wimby run in him though. It'll be amazing if the quaters streak gets to 40, that's 10 consecutive years of making every major quarter final, it's ridiculous.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
On like D-Kong
Djokovic-Nadal semifinal. Really felt Djokovic had Rafa on the ropes in last year's final but then the rains came.
Nadal's been able to roll in his last 2 matches after that uncharacteristic first week.

kuba

TRIBE Member
I didn't know that French Open is a term that most people in Paris don't know about; as when I was there I was telling people I am there for the FO and people had no clue what I was talking about. Roland Garros, however, and then people clued in.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Nadal match 1pm local time tomorrow so 7am start, a pretty good time to get up and see some 5 set action (I hope).

I want Novak to win.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
They need to get these calls right - The players are too great and separated by such a fine line. One call and set completely turns.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Memorable match, high quality of course, but I wouldn't call it a classic - sets 2, 3 just weren't that good. I can accept 1 so-so set in a marathon match for it to be a classic, but not 2. Last hour was something to behold though.

Most telling stat I heard today. Rafa has only been No. 1 seed at French twice. That's absurd. They need to do take into account history, surface play and not go based on the rankings.

SJN

TRIBE Member
I think he has only 1 career loss at Roland Garros. His career record is something like 50-1. It's ridiculous.

kuba

TRIBE Member
i wonder if there ever has been a player ranked #1 at a tournament that wasn't #1 in the season?

kerouacdude I kind of agree wit you - Nadal is in a league of his own but he's also won the other ones too so he isn't a typical clay courter ONLY

next up wimbledon; nadal won't play the tune-ups so will definitely lose a few points but probably maintain top 3 ranking

utter destruction today; not even in the same league. i do like david ferrer's fight and court movement and return game, but he was outclassed and out powered.

US open tickets go on sale tomorrow damn are they expensive. $500 for a decent court for a mid-week night match, level 1. there's a pre-sale going on now on their facebook page if anyone is interested