• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tennant's who insist on smoking indoors

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I have a tennant who continues to smoke indoors.

I've given her life and limb not to smoke indoors.

When I smell it, I call her on it, she says she's smoking at the door.

When I really smell it, she says she's gonna move out.

When I see her ashtrays full of ashes she says it's not hers.

My short conclusion is that smokers are addicts and will say whatever. I was a smoker once.

But this is my fuckin property and I

DON'T
WANT
PEOPLE
SMOKING

How do I evict a bitch for smoking?

-jM
A&D

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
As someone whom is currently smoking indoors, all I gotta say is, I love it.
I love kicking back, with a beer and a cig, and blogging shit on TRIBE.
(Which is exactly what I'm doing now).

But, for the record, I do leave my windows open, when weather permits, and sprintz air fresherer around on occassion. (the *Airwick vanilla sugar-cookies blend is particularly nice:))

And I am aware that if I don't clean my apartment, including my walls, and do my laundry, on a regular, weekly occasion, my apartment would indeed smell like a cesspool of tobacco.
But since I'm more grown up, I do all these things. Fresh air, open windows. Oh, and for the record, cooking at home is also a huge bonus, since the smell of bacon > than the smell of tobacco.

... In conclusion, what you need to be more concerned about is when the legal Majiuana laws gets passed, cuz that shit stinks up a tenement, like, big time.
Oh, and slobby tenants leaving rotting food lying around, and rats, and people coming home drunk and stoned and vomitting in the hallways and not cleaning it up, and more rats.

It's, well, relative.

(Basically, you can evict these tenants if they don't pay their rent on time).

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
"Oh, and for the record, cooking at home is also a huge bonus, since the smell of bacon > than the smell of tobacco. "

and so, what I would advise your tenant there is, to fry up a lb of bacon, every day, since, hey, guess what, smell of bacon>(more powerful than) tobacco. '

So, basically, if a landlord, or neighbor comes around, and says, "I think you're smoking". All you gotta say is, no, I'm just'a cookin' up some bacon! BACON!

Btw, this totally works.

And in other news, perhaps Airwick should invent some air-freshener brand that's basically Bacon-Suger Cookies!.
Yes. Totally.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
When I got it going on tribe in Toronto, I'd go outside for a smoke. Sometime's i'd say fuck it and smoke up the apartment, then air it out the next day.

In Kingston I'll smoke an entire pack indoors every night, and it feels great. Crack another beer. Watch netflix.

Then Jeffsus comes banging at the door.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I guess it doesn;t help that I'm a bit inconsistent in the messaging since if *I* happen to have people over and *I* happen to be drunk or high then I permit smoking indoors. Mostly because it's inevitable.

-jM
A&D

djfear

TRIBE Member
Buy a smoke alarm and install it where she smokes. Turn off the beeper and instead reconfigure the alarm to send a signal to your computer and create a rule in your wifi that if this signal is on, you turn off her specific wifi account for 6-12 hours.

You would need to have shared internet access for this, and the ability to be able to configure your setup in order to create this setup.

My friend once had a house and he lived there along with people who rented it. Internet was included in the rent, but he would turn it off if they didn't pay rent. It worked very well.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
I don't remember how to post pics here, but hey:

Neil Tennant
David Tennant

These are Tennant's whom probably smoke indoors.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Yesterday I woke up and the stove was still on.

This is probably why my parents don't let me take "friends" to nice places.

No fire here, this time....

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
And so I made concessions again tonight to allow smoking indoors.

This time because I needed the ashes.... Which explains why I've posted in every thread so far.

-jM
A&D