• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

TendSkin

Persephone

TRIBE Member
OK ladies, I've read countless reviews on how this product is the shizzle for preventing ingrown hairs after waxing/electrolysis/shaving/sugaring/depilation.

I'd love to start using the product, but there's one little problem. I can't find it!

Help!!!

edit: I've checked Shoppers DrugMart and Rexall/PharmaPlus to no avail :(

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
i'd like to add - has anyone tried it? cuz i could use some help with the ingrowns.

i wax everything (shaving is for dummies ;)), and ingrowns are the bane of my existence lately.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
grumblegirl said:
i wax everything (shaving is for dummies ;)), and ingrowns are the bane of my existence lately.

me TOO

Although i did shave my legs for the first time in years about two weeks ago. The hair still hasn't really grown back.
I'm starting to think with waxing you have to shave once in a blue moon to get the hairs to be stronger so they can pierce through your skin as they grow back (therefore eliminating ingrowns...)

wishy

TRIBE Member
toronto barber and beauty supply at the corner of bay and dundas has is for a good price, about $18 for a bottle.

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
madnezz said:
me TOO

Although i did shave my legs for the first time in years about two weeks ago. The hair still hasn't really grown back.
I'm starting to think with waxing you have to shave once in a blue moon to get the hairs to be stronger so they can pierce through your skin as they grow back (therefore eliminating ingrowns...)
your theory intruigues me. :)

i will try it with the legs and/or pits, but no freakin' way is a razor ever coming close to my 'special place' :D again. i'll stick with wax/sugar there.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

lucky1

TRIBE Member
sephora sells it.. it works well... I think it is alcohol based? you moisten a cotton pad, then apply the product and wipe over desired area. it really takes away the red bumps after waxing too..

tella

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
sephora sells it.. it works well... I think it is alcohol based? you moisten a cotton pad, then apply the product and wipe over desired area. it really takes away the red bumps after waxing too..
l'attitudes in the eaton center also carries it.

it is god's gift to women who wax.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
thanks ladies! I'll be in Toronto this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to pick up a bottle if I can't find it in Ottawa before then.

Babes

TRIBE Member
grumblegirl said:
i'd like to add - has anyone tried it? cuz i could use some help with the ingrowns.

So far its the best thing that I have yet to find. I find that ingrown hairs usually pop out within a day or two.

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i'm a big fan of this stuff too.

The Beauty Supply Outlet carries it. There's a location at Yonge & Eglinton and one at Front & Church. I'm not sure where else, but I know there are a bunch more locations.

I find it works, but only if you use it diligently and I don't.

Fortunately for me, I've changed my waxing methods and have only had a couple of ingrowns in the past year.

undercover_girl

TRIBE Member
daddyiwantchocolate said:

Fortunately for me, I've changed my waxing methods and have only had a couple of ingrowns in the past year.
Damn I'm jealous of you DIWC!

I like the product but should be more diligent in its application. Getting waxed on the weekend so here's my chance to turn over a new leaf - hee hee!

Mrs. Brick

TRIBE Member
i dont like it at all!

i preffer this

guinot after hair removal

i got a bad wax once and it was the only thing that worked. its very expensive but worth it.

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
please elaborate on this new waxing method!!

[p.s. madnezz - i tried the 'shaving to make hair coarser again' theory a couple of days ago... i had forgotten what stubble feels like. nasty!]

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I"ve also used "Bikini Zone" cream after waxing and it works similar to take away the sensitivity and redness.. but I'm not sure if it clears up ingrowns.. I don't get many ingrowns

You can buy it at Shoppers where they sell waxing kits.

Basically I've been waxing for like 10 years now, and I have such little hair re-growth that it became completely not worthwhile to pay for full leg waxes etc. when it was so sparse.

So, I bought an epilady type thingy and use it for 5 minutes once every month or so and haven't had an ingrown since really.

mayab

TRIBE Member
Basically I've been waxing for like 10 years now, and I have such little hair re-growth that it became completely not worthwhile to pay for full leg waxes etc. when it was so sparse.

So, I bought an epilady type thingy and use it for 5 minutes once every month or so and haven't had an ingrown since really.
is the epilady painful to use??