• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tenaglia @ Stereo

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Really glad Ilia was visiting and we opted to take a Mtl roadtrip to check out Danny Tenaglia on Monday.

It was quite busy when we got in (8pm) and it dropped to full but not crammed levels by midnight. We stayed til 5:30am, just enough time to catch the bus back. Heard that he ended just before 7am. He was originally scheduled for noon - 3am but started later to accomodate those who were coming from Bal en Blanc.

Good music, techno-house backbone but not hard and very little vocals. Very different from when I saw him a year ago at DEMF but that's to be expected. Really good vocal house oldies segment ~2:30am. Didn't think I'd ever hear "Walking on Fire" on a large soundsystem again. It made my night. :)

He said ~3:30am that he'd been playing for 12 hrs. Also how the Groovejet party in Miami was cut short and he didn't get to play what he planned so we'd be the recipients instead.

Very friendly crowd as usual, good mix of young & old. Most of the crowd had been partying all weekend, so I get why only the DT fans stayed late.

Really loved the decorations. Big pillar candles in these long tube-like vases, 3 rows of them hanging off the light rig. The light rig itself was lowered half way down. Simple design but it made the space look beautiful and intimate.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
not to take it off tangent but noticed veld this year is catering to house/techo and tenaglia is on the bill..

in a festival setting he'd fucking rock. probably toronto hasn't seen that yet.

I've never seen him live personally, but maybe this would be the time to do it!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
not to take it off tangent but noticed veld this year is catering to house/techo and tenaglia is on the bill..

in a festival setting he'd fucking rock. probably toronto hasn't seen that yet.

I've never seen him live personally, but maybe this would be the time to do it!
With Tenaglia its the exact opposite. You do not want to see him on a roster, rather you want to see him exclusively where he is the only dj (aside from maybe an opener)

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Friends, it depends. You never want DT in two hour bursts, but if he's off then it don't matter either way. Back in the 90s at the bal en blancs and the black and blue's he'd be the closer to the morning and absolutely kill - main point here were the extended set of at least 8 hours... Nothing like hearing The Wipe by Teste at 130pm in a stadium still with thousands going off...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders