• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ten Best Things About Detroit!!!

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
I'm sorry, but I can't let this slide.
My mother's from Detroit. She grew up in a poor area, in a poor and abusive family. She lived in one of those run down houses. Three or four kids to one bed. Her mother tried to kill her. She and her siblings were placed in foster homes on more than one occasion.
My relatives are the people you're stereotyping. Some of them are poor. Some of them carry guns. Some of them like to tell stories of the times they've pulled guns on people.

I have roots in that place you're so happy to stereotype.
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

swenard

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Ten Best Things About Detroit!!!

Originally posted by stargurl*
I'm sorry, but I can't let this slide.
My mother's from Detroit. She grew up in a poor area, in a poor and abusive family. She lived in one of those run down houses. Three or four kids to one bed. Her mother tried to kill her. She and her siblings were placed in foster homes on more than one occasion.
My relatives are the people you're stereotyping. Some of them are poor. Some of them carry guns. Some of them like to tell stories of the times they've pulled guns on people.

I have roots in that place you're so happy to stereotype.


are you agreeing or disagreeing with the stereotype?
I can't tell:confused:
 

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
The stereotype exists, sure.
But it's not something to be mocked.
A lot of the people can't help the fact that they're poor.
But then again, there are a lot of people in the area who aren't poor.

Quirky facts:
My cousins went to school with eminem, they've served at character witnesses for him in court.
My aunt wallpapered his new house.
Hah.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Originally posted by Illogistix
Also - if it was (that's shitty) but how could it have been in retaliation? The Vancouver game started at 10 pm EST. The Raps game started at 8:30 pm EST.

because the van game started an hour and a half after the raps game.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
G

Guest

Guest
Re: Re: Ten Best Things About Detroit!!!

Originally posted by stargurl*
I'm sorry, but I can't let this slide.
My mother's from Detroit. She grew up in a poor area, in a poor and abusive family. She lived in one of those run down houses. Three or four kids to one bed. Her mother tried to kill her. She and her siblings were placed in foster homes on more than one occasion.
My relatives are the people you're stereotyping. Some of them are poor. Some of them carry guns. Some of them like to tell stories of the times they've pulled guns on people.


whatever, I know people from Toronto that are like that.
there's people like that in every city.

Don't get me wrong I 've had some good times in that city. But, the bottom line is overall as a city detroit is disgusting.
 

LoopeD

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Ten Best Things About Detroit!!!

Originally posted by stargurl*

My relatives are the people you're stereotyping. Some of them are poor. Some of them carry guns. Some of them like to tell stories of the times they've pulled guns on people.

I have roots in that place you're so happy to stereotype.



Being poor is no excuse to pull guns on people. Sorry, but it had to be said - if a stereotype exists, its their own fault for perpetuating them. One can either attempt to rise above life's misfortunes or to take the easy road - its completely up to the individual. Just because one is poor doesn't give someone an excuse to go around robbing and shooting people, whether in Detroit, D.C. or Scarborough.

That being said, I can't believe some of the responses in this thread. Well, actually I can - look where they're being voiced - half the people around here think they're the 21 centuries' version of the Black Panthers or something, as if they even had a personal stake in any of the misfortunes that have befallen the world since that unfortunate morning last September.

What do some low-brow basketball fans have to do with the entire country? Canada's booed U.S. teams in the past, the States has booed Canada in the past. Does it hurt your national pride that much to hear? Just thank your stars that's the only sentiemt expressed against Canada - many other countries in the world, especially the U.S., suffer under much more serious attacks to their nationality than booing at an NBA game..............

Yeah its a pisser, but I agree whole-heartedly with the Klubmasta - its not exactly the entire country is saying "Here's to those dead soldiers, and some nice bombing it was too - Fuck Canada!" Its only a basketball game - a pretty insignificant event in today's world.



:)d
 

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stargurl*
The stereotype exists, sure.
But it's not something to be mocked.
A lot of the people can't help the fact that they're poor.
But then again, there are a lot of people in the area who aren't poor.

Quirky facts:
My cousins went to school with eminem, they've served at character witnesses for him in court.
My aunt wallpapered his new house.
Hah.

Anyone can help the fact they are poor. It just depends on how hard they want to try. Being poor is not an excuse to shoot and kill and steal.


shawn
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Anyone can help the fact they are poor. It just depends on how hard they want to try

I love these statements!

It should be bronzed and placed wherever poor people congregate to keep their motivation up.
 

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swenard


Anyone can help the fact they are poor. It just depends on how hard they want to try. Being poor is not an excuse to shoot and kill and steal.


shawn
Thank you. I cant belive people think that way. I mean I on the other hand cant help the fact i'm addicted to booze and cigarets... :rolleyes:
 

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
Let us not forget about these guys either:

tn_pubahs.jpg


@m.
 

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swenard


Anyone can help the fact they are poor. It just depends on how hard they want to try.

shawn

Oh my. That's the most ignorant thing I've read today, or in a long time for that matter. Congratulations.

Pete
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic


Oh my. That's the most ignorant thing I've read today, or in a long time for that matter. Congratulations.

Pete

I take it, your poor and lazy?
 
Top