• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ten Best Things About Detroit!!!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
if if if will (if the canadian fans responded in the same way).

The canadian fans didn't respond by booing to the US (and I don't recall ever being at a game where the US anthem was boo'd by canadian fans).

As for posting in this thread, it's certainly not the same as going there and putting up a fucking poster "DETROIT BLOWS!" - that certainly would be stooping to their level. It's simply venting on this site. Not worth any more time than typing out a few words.
 

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
if if if will (if the canadian fans responded in the same way).

The canadian fans didn't respond by booing to the US (and I don't recall ever being at a game where the US anthem was boo'd by canadian fans).

vancouver fans booed the american anthem last night in retaliation.
 

xtollo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
detroit fans (lions, tigers, red wings, pistons) are usually pretty classy
Isn't it in Detroit where they throw the octopus on the ice. I'd say 'class' is the first thing that comes to mind.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Tyler

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
ps. tyler, i love coney island dogs. maybe we should plan our vegas/burning man route to make a stop in detroit first. :p

I am not suprised Will, you will eat anything ! 2 day old sushi ??? :p
 

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Someone post a link about the American anthem being booed???

I didn't hear about that.

Also - if it was (that's shitty) but how could it have been in retaliation? The Vancouver game started at 10 pm EST. The Raps game started at 8:30 pm EST.

So all these fans were watching the game on TSN - which made no mention of the booing until after it was over??? When the Vancouver game was already in progress???

I guess maybe the Red Wing fans booed the Anthem too last week???


Also Will - by poking fun at the Detroit stereotypes - which I did write and think were actually funny - I would never boo another countries Anthem. These are not nearly the same thing.....
 

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
The best thing about Detroit are the malls just outside in the suburbs! HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK! You would not believe the stores that I found??????Emporia Armani, Prada,Versace,Louis Vuitton,Escada, House of Tiffany's....I was in heaven:D. We have them here too, but its all under one roof there. I think the mall we went to was in Pontiac????

~Leslie~
 

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Illogistix

Also - if it was (that's shitty) but how could it have been in retaliation? The Vancouver game started at 10 pm EST. The Raps game started at 8:30 pm EST.


You're right, the two events were not linked...just goes to show that there are spontaneous displays of idiocy and disrespect on both sides of the border. Though, I'm sure the Detroit fans was just ignorance and stupidity, while Vancouver's was probably a little more motivated by the events of the last week.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
^^^ beats me. i missed the start of the vancouver/detroit game. (what a finish though!!!)

hal-9000 said the canuck fans booed the u.s. anthem. (at least that's what i thought he meant when he said "the fans responded in kind".)

anyway, i can't believe i've spent this much time this morning defending detroit. :p

i'm out. go red wings.
 

matty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
Why would ANYONE boo Canada?

I think booing our anthem is an asshole move. That being said I think Canada's national anthem is the worst song ever written. Why can't we have a good national anthem? I certainly am not a big fan of the US but at least their national anthem is emotional and rousing. Ours sucks.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Originally posted by m..m

I certainly am not a big fan of the US but at least their national anthem is emotional and rousing.

Did you know the US anthem is one big long huge fat run-on sentence.

It also doesn't make much sense if you just read it.
 

matty

TRIBE Member
To tell you the truth I don't know the words to the US anthem, but you're probably right. I actually just tried to sing ours and I don't know the words to it either.

Musically however their's is in a different league. Ours is bland, boring, musically uninteresting, and it doesn't say a whole hell of a lot either. I'd request that we abandon this song and have a new one written. Fuck tradition and national pride.
 

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m
That being said I think Canada's national anthem is the worst song ever written. Why can't we have a good national anthem? I certainly am not a big fan of the US but at least their national anthem is emotional and rousing. Ours sucks.

I've never understood this argument and I've heard it many a times. I like our anthem, i know it's not the best in the world, but the American is so fucking boring....enough of the story...America or God Bless America or so much better than the Star Spangled Banner
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

matty

TRIBE Member
Perhaps we could get Furtado, The Hip and Kardinal Official to collaberate on something. As long as Celine isn't involved I'd be happy. We could get Daniel Lanois to produce it, look what he did for U2, Bob Dylan, and Peter Gabriel.
 

matty

TRIBE Member
^^^^ I don't watch sports so I have no fucking clue why in this particular situation they booed us. I was speaking in general terms.
 

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
hal-9000 said the canuck fans booed the u.s. anthem. (at least that's what i thought he meant when he said "the fans responded in kind".)

Yup, Vancouver booed the American national anthem....so we're just as bad.

Although, they had a tribute to the 4 dead Canadian soldiers, so that could have something to do with the booing of the Americans.
 

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow


Yup, Vancouver booed the American national anthem....so we're just as bad.

Although, they had a tribute to the 4 dead Canadian soldiers, so that could have something to do with the booing of the Americans.
Ok But Why the the U.S. Boo Us?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top