1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Temporary tooth

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by alexd, Sep 8, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

OMG I just came out of a 2 hour dental appointment and I feel rubbery.

I have a temporary tooth while the lab creates the permanent one and I look like a pirate. Why can't they make temporary teeth look more like real teeth? Or at least why can't they tone down the whiteness of the material? I have a week before my next dental appointment... Maybe I can paint it gold in the meantime, or glue sparkles on it or something...

2. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa TRIBE Member

Is it a crown you are having fitted? Is it on the front? I have had many crowns (in the back) and I have veneers on the front. The temps have all been pretty good. Be extra careful when you eat between now and when you have it replaced, as it could fall off (unlikely - but it could happen). The bonding/glue isnt very strong. If its a crown, there is only a nub underneath.... you have to protect it.