1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Temporary ID

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by billy, Oct 6, 2005.

1. billy

billy TRIBE Member

i couldn't find this answer of the appropriate sites so i thought i'd ask around here. has anyone renewed/replaced their driver's licence recently? if so, is your photo included with the temporary id? i lost most of my identification a few years ago. i really should have replaced my health card quickly, but wasn't in that much of a rush to get a new DL as i don't own a car. now it's even more important because if three years pass since it expired i have to go through the whole G1, G2 crap to get a new one.

moreso, i am required to present valid photo id for a job i have been offered. i really want it too. the initial process to renew my DL seems to not take long according to the site, but it's the photo aspect that is really important to me.

anyone have any ideas about this?

2. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

i think they actually send u just a green form at first right away as a temporary one to use with ur previous licence then they send one with a photo, but since you don't have the old one with ur photo I'd say ur best bet is to call one of the licencing centers and ask if u can have the pic done right away yadda yadda yadda

3. billy

billy TRIBE Member

the site noted that the photo is taken on the spot. i'm just wondering if it's included with the temp id. i know years ago it wasn't but wondering if that's changed.

edit: i'm going to go up tomorrow and take care of it anyway, i'd just like to be able to be reassured tonight. it's really stressing me out.

4. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

they mail it to you. takes a couple of weeks.

Jay

5. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

i'm guessing it all depends if they have the old photo on file and if they'll still use it depending on how old it is..........

a lil shot in the dark but i'm tryin

6. billy

billy TRIBE Member

the new one yes, but i recall getting a temporary id on the spot. again, this was years ago.

7. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

You get a green paper on the spot and they mail the card out. I did this a month ago.

8. billy

billy TRIBE Member

does the green paper have your photo on it? if not, how long did it take to get your card?

9. BayStreetBoi

BayStreetBoi TRIBE Member

You won't get a photo on the spot from a licensing office.

They don't print the cards on site, and they haven't used the old fashioned photo id portion of a license where they take a polaroid pic and laminate it right away in a good 10 years or so.

As mentioned before, the best they can do is issue a sticker that can be placed on an older license with your pic stating it is valid for photo ID only.

10. billy

billy TRIBE Member

it's not the proper card that i'm worried about. i was just wondering if there was some way to digitize the photo onto the temporary paper version. i don't have my last card licence. it went missing and has also expired.

damn. this is the first job ever that i have been requested to present photo id. i'm really worried that it will be gone by the time it takes to get the card. he said to call him back when i have it, but who knows how long that will be.

11. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

No, and about 3 weeks.

Do you have a passport or healthcard or anything else like that?

12. billy

billy TRIBE Member

no. like i said, the healthcard went missing in the wallet too. i really should have replaced that much sooner. i don't have a passport although i have researched it. not having photo id isn't going to help me getting a passport.

13. AshG

AshG Member

i don't see why this is a problem.

the old license is still valid id.

edit - oh shit, i didn't read the part about you losing all your id.

hmmm....