• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Temping: the good, the bad & the ugly

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
wow, my new temp job is uber lame.

I had a few hours "training" with some brainless but sweet girl who temped for a week before me and no on else here knows the stuff I'm supposed to do. I've heard way too many people say, "it's not part of my job description" or words to that effect.

This will either be easy money or complete hell.

Anyone else with me?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
I never will again either ... just need 5 weeks work then I'll be travelling.

I need 4 signatures on this form to get my security pass to access the building and these people work in areas that I don't have access to!

RETARDED.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i just watched this movie!

good_bad_ugly_1.jpg

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
easy. most people will forget youre there and forget to give you work or follow up on what you're doing. and plus with only 5 weeks they only expect a half ass effort.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
Glad to hear it littlenutty ... although by the end of today I wanted to poke my eyes out with my blunt scissors. Who the hell WANTS to temp??

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I trained a temp to take over my old position while they are in the process of running the competition. My manager offered him a three month contract (which she is now able to do under the new collective agreement) before running the job, but he turned it down for school commitments..

So temping is not all bad... most of my friends at work got "in" to the government by temping here first...

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I was a "professional temp" for 4-5 years after university... was okay for the first little while, got a lot of experience working for a diverse range of companies, but then it started to suck, less work, had to interview for temp assignments, meh. I prefer permanent.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Caz

TRIBE Member
never did it, never would. I like to nestle into a company and tweak everything so it can't run without me. Makes for good job security

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
I've already managed to pleasantly surprise these people as I'm apparently not as stupid as the previous temp.

ps editing powerpoint presentations on investment banking is boo-ooring!