1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Telus / Rogers texting problems...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SolChild, Aug 1, 2010.

1. SolChild

SolChild TRIBE Promoter

So my wife got a new iPhone thru Telus, she's been with them for over 10 yrs...ever since she got her phone, for some reason texting to any Rogers cell phone including my Rogers iPhone 3G is really bad. Sometimes I dont get messages from her and her from me.....yesterday she texted me at 8:30 and I didnt get the text until 2:50am!

Does anyone know if this is known issue or is anybody else having this problem?

PS: The iPhone 4 is one sexy motha and I have no reception issues whatsoever.

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

SolChild, it is probably Rogers giving you a subtle hint that you need to upgrade to their new "high speed" text messaging service for an extra $39.99 a month.

3. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Telus has had texting issues for years so I would start there with the blame.

4. The Peej

The Peej TRIBE Member

My Rogers iPhone 3Gs has been failing since I did the last upgrade. Also, issues with txts that are split only sending the second half.

5. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Don't worry, because you've been with us so long we'll give you the first two months free.