1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Telus Contracts.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by afterglow, Oct 12, 2005.

1. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

I'm currently on a 2 year contract with Telus. I had to pay a 200$ deposit when I activated my phone because my credit was too new.

How/when can I get that deposit back?

I signed up in May.

2. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

Telus is run by a bunch of bastards... consider that money gone.

Others might be more encouraging than I, but Telus has left a sour taste in me. That's why i switched to Rogers.

3. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Yes cause Roger's consumer rating is so amazing....

Not that I work at Telus, nor would recommending to do so to anyone, but they were consistently rated the best out of the 17 north american carriers.

After one year of service, Telus will mail you cheque for the equivalent of your deposit.

The only time they won't do that is if you failed to pay your bills (repeatedly, ie. 3 months or more + grace period) and they cancelled your service as a result. In which case they will deduct your deposit from the balance owing.

-jM
    A&D

4. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

If I weren't locked down on Bell I would switch to Telus so fast. I have friends that have abused their "backing down from threats to cancel" policy like whoa. Plus their phones are way sexier.

5. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

Thanks! The only thing I've not been happy about is my cell phone itself, and I was hoping to get the deposit back and use it for an upgrade.