1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Telus Boo Boo

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Eclectic, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

hey a bit of honestly on the part of the telcos is a good thing!

3. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

I love when companies show a sense on humour too

4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

and it's gone.

5. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

6. Beer babe

Beer babe TRIBE Member

What did it say?

7. Jam

Jam TRIBE Member

Telus reads Tribe?

8. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

It basically said:

"Why do I need a credit check?"

Because you may be broke and unable to pay your bill.
    We're here to make money you dead beat.

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

"Why do I need a credit check?"

-"You may be broke, therefore highly unlikely to pay your bill.
    We just don't want to lose money, you dead beat. You know how it is..." "

10. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

I sent the link to a friend and they have changed it so that there is no mention of the credit check at all...

11. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

apparently it's still in the page source - just commented out

12. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

telus has tv now? like rogers tv? what?

I like the pussy cats ;)

13. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

They had their own (problematic) IPTV service (probably still do somewhere), in the West they are a reseller of Bell TV with Telus branded dishes/boxes/GUI

14. Phat Buddha

Phat Buddha TRIBE Member

Telus removes "errant text" from its website

Telus tells its online visitors "the future is friendly."

But for a few moments Wednesday the telecommunications giant used "broke" and "dead beats" to describe consumers.

A wider audience became aware of the Telus post, which was quickly taken down, with the help of the social networking site Twitter — where dozens of users tweeted about the incident.

The company also apologized.

"As soon as this came to our attention we immediately removed it," Telus spokesman Jim Johannsson said in an e-mail to Postmedia News. "The errant text does not represent Telus' policy or our view and we apologize for the error."

According to online postings the words in question appeared on a webpage that offered to explain why consumers needed a credit check. The response was: "You may be broke, therefore highly unlikely to pay your bill. We just don't want to lose money, you dead beat. You know how it is . . ."

The company, which has millions of customers, did not offer an explanation about how the incident happened.

15. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

why do they care if they offend the deadbeats?

16. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

Nope. Telus TV is up and running out here. They are finally rolling out VDSL with enough backbone to support it. They have some ridiculous package deals to puch out Shaw right now. Like $20 for cable, high speed internet and phone.

17. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

In both Alberta and BC TELUS offers TELUS IPTV through residential DSL, not satellite dishes. TELUS is an incumbent in western Canada, and as such, sells wholesale access to its infrastructure to CLEC carriers, such as BELL (not the other way around). In Edmonton I was a TELUS TV subscriber for 3 years and it was great, I never had any problems.

I know a few people at TELUS, BELL, and ROGERS, and just felt like pointing out that your original post was entirely wrong. :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  18. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

because they're trying to recruit Rogers staff

19. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

In Alberta Telus is more than just a cell phone provider. They have TV, Internet, and home phone, and in the days of telephone booths, they were all Telus here, like Bell in Ontario.