• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

.Telemarketers.are.whores.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
This morning i had one call me about window replacement.
We had our windows last summer.
Anyhow, I tell the girl that and she responds with

(unenthusiastic tone) "oh yeah?... (sarcastic tone) that's great.... Have a nice life"
*click*

I was flaberghasted to say the least. And she hung up on me.

I dunno why Window-replacing companies bother calling. It's not like other home-improvement outfits call for customers.
"Hi, this is so and so, are you re-doing your kitchen?"

Anyhow... Telemarketing is annoying... fight back
http://www.cornerstonewebmedia.com/cma/submit.asp
That won't get you off the Window company's list (they use the phone book)

[The Tesseract]

kmac

TRIBE Member
I was a telemarketer once... selling air-duct cleaning. I got fired after one shift for talking "too nicely."

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I hate'em. We have sooo many calls each week. Piss me off! Who the hell could take that job? Worst job ever.

I live with my Mom and when they ask for Mr or Mrs Sass, I tell them that Mr. Sass has passed away(which he did) and then they feel uncomfortable...it gets them off the phone quickly.hehe

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
I live with my Mom and when they ask for Mr or Mrs Sass, I tell them that Mr. Sass has passed away(which he did) and then they feel uncomfortable...it gets them off the phone quickly.hehe
Ooooh... i like that. And they don't ask for the Mrs. a 2nd time?

MoFo: you got me there. :/

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Ooooh... i like that. And they don't ask for the Mrs. a 2nd time?

hehehe...it works every time. They just feel so uncomfortable, so they appologize and say sorry to bother you. Gets them off the phone very fast. I Love it. My Dad would get a good laugh out of it if he were alive.