• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tekhouse track.. input please!

Deus

TRIBE Member
It's sounds pretty good if your just starting out in my opinion, it quite impressed me. It does have structure. Layers come in and out in a more or less logical fashion. I like the pauses that you do, they take away from the repetitiveness of the track and make it more interesting. Some sound effects would further complement the track making transitions easier.

lok

TRIBE Member
I guess I should say that Im not specifically interested in making a club track..

what kind of effects for transition?

Deus

TRIBE Member
I'm thinking a combination of something rought and something pretty. It would complement the track as you have some good rough elements along side some nice sounds. I'm just thinking about sounds fading in and out, swirly things swooshes and such.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lok

TRIBE Member
Orion 5.20

Its very very intuitive for me and the built-in generators are fantastic. Theres only 5 instruments and one sample in the whole thing. (Guess the sample duh)

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
Hey Stephen (sp?)!

I really like it. I like the eerie tribal feel.

I don't know why, but it makes me want to hump something, lol :D

<-- impressed

lok

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chiclet
Hey Stephen (sp?)!

I really like it. I like the eerie tribal feel.

I don't know why, but it makes me want to hump something, lol :D
You spell correctly, and mission accomplished @ humping :D

Ive changed the track like 8 times now. I think this one is more balanced.. i still think some sounds are out of whack.. but I dont know what to rise and what I drop :confused:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
the kick is weak...

has some interesting IDM sounds,i would dare to say that it is very,very far from being a tech-house track.

the voice samples are very gay...

keep working on it,but try not to flood the track with too many abstract sounds,gets a little to busy for me.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
it's definitely not a tech-house track... too progressive and stuff with the samples and breakbeat etc.

my suggestion would be to add more variation to the shaker pattern. or atleast change the volume of it over the course of the track.... bring it in and out etc. and what happened to that cymbol? you could do more with that too to bring it into focus and out of focus...... you kinda punch it in and out.

there's lots going on in the track sample wise. the kick isn't as prominate as it "could" be....... and that be-bop sample is great with the delay on the end...

but definitely get to the meat of the track earlier.... or elude to where you're going with the track earlier. that be-bop sample feels like the REAL intro to the song.

but yeah... the 4/4 kick isn't strong and totally falls away in the middle of the track. bring that back in and make it the pulse of the track.... OR go breakbeat and add more fills and variation to your breakbeat.

not to step on toes or anything.... IMHO it's a great start, but needs focus and definitely more variation in the "sparkle sounds".

very movie sound track like....