• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Teeth Whitening

angelic

TRIBE Member
Well ladies... here is my big question to all of you. As you likely have noticed the public has become more obsessed with white teeth lately - the symbol of youth and all that sorta crap. While I would like to say I haven't bought into it, I must admit I have been paying attention to info. about it and have some friends who have invested in the pricey cost of having their teeth whitened professionally. And I admit that yellow teeth, minging as the Brits call it, aren't looking so good to me right now - although I am okay at the moment, I know if I keep drinking more coffee I am really going to consider doing something about it.

Now these treatments sound like they cost around $700. Has anyone had it done? Costs? Recommendations for places to get it done? Things we should know?

As for drug store treatments, I am thinking this whole whitening toothpaste thing isn't very successful... nor are the white strips. I read that the mouth guard things work a bit better due to fact they are better able to block your saliva.

What do yall think?

ila

TRIBE Member
Crest Whitestrips are the shit. They fully, fully work. I used them in the winter and my grill was so white it practically gave off light.

Do 'er up.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
angelic said:
=

As for drug store treatments, I am thinking this whole whitening toothpaste thing isn't very successful... nor are the white strips. I read that the mouth guard things work a bit better due to fact they are better able to block your saliva.

What do yall think?

Get the PLATINUM crest white strips. You only do it for 7 days and your teeth are super duper white. (but you need like 9 bottles of sensodyne cuz your teeth are gonna be sensitive like a bitch)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

angelic

TRIBE Member
Wow... so the strip things so work eh? YAY! Thanks for the info sincerely... this is what I love about Tribe. In terms of the dental tray made by the dentist, did the dentist sell you their own whitening solution then? Do you think it is better than the drug store versions?

:D <- my future pearly whites

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
VinylRach said:
Get the PLATINUM crest white strips. You only do it for 7 days and your teeth are super duper white. (but you need like 9 bottles of sensodyne cuz your teeth are gonna be sensitive like a bitch)

That sensitive? :eek: I just use the baking soda stuff but I dunno, since I've been using it for so long I can't tell the diff on my teeth but they seem white ish. How long are your teeth sensitive for after or just during the treatment? How long does the white keep?

pics?

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i have sensitive teeth to begin with, and the crest white strips almost killed me. i had to stop after the first two days.

is the dentist stuff even harsher?

I couldn't breathe in through my mouth (past exposed teeth) because I would wince in agony.

And that was with sensodyne.

But my teeth whitened to two shades away from baby enamel within 7 days.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
daddyiwantchocolate said:
I couldn't breathe in through my mouth (past exposed teeth) because I would wince in agony.

And that was with sensodyne.

But my teeth whitened to two shades away from baby enamel within 7 days.
yeah my teeth were like rediculously wear sunglasses because i'll blind you white...but it hurt like a bitch even drinking warm red wine killed me. So if anyone knows any solutions please bring them fwd because next week is yearly crest whit estrips time again.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
a week? ok i wanna do this for long weekend since i'll be up on the beach, no harm then... right??!!

i want to be able to burn insects with my snaggle tooth!

the dentist stuff took 7 days and I did the top first, then bottom so that I could easily compare before/after.

the sensitivity lasted for about a month - decreasing weekly.

p.s. Chris - YOU KNOW IT!

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I already have really sensitive teeth and use Sensodyne daily... good thing I read this thread before going all out with the whitening products!

I didn't think the professional whitening procedures made your teeth sensitive.