• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

teebee mayhem

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
what a set.

it's been years since i've heard an entire set from a dj, and hardly recognized any of the tunes.
no top 40's, just pure dark business. a couple of nice atmospheric breakdowns, a hint of ragga - all seamlessly integrated.

he's not a technical mixer - the tunes kind of lagged sometimes as he played every one out start to finish... but track selection made up for it.

the vibe was wicked - nice intimate venue, sweet sweet soundsystem - what more could you want?

i'm sure airbag will be posting his pics soon...

Juan Love

TRIBE Member
What a show!!

Teebee OWNS my black little heart...

Speaking to the man before the show, he seemed a little worried that the set-up wouldn't allow him to throw down a proper flex but damn, did he ever wreck the Madbar floor...

Classic moments:

Two words: "Fucking Hostile". Nuff said. Bigity Boh!

Teebee scratching the fuck out of that ragga tune: Murderation!

Biggups to Ruckus and Sek for throwing down large on the evening...

Large out to Caddy-bad for controlling the M-I-C, most definately.

Always a pleasure to see the rentboy in action and double the pleasure for meeting the fair and ever so fine Natalie, aka tella...*wink*

fuzzy...you are a nutter, glad you channelled your "grabass energy" into actually talking to women...I'm sure it worked out for you for a change...hahaha!

Great vibe up in the place and lots of beautiful people biggin' it up..massive, MASSIVE large outs to everyone in attendance...

Classic evening indeed.
Oh, and to THE MAN with the rotten teeth...easy...but, you're sick, BOTTOMLINE!

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
Seems like goodtimes were had by all in attendance. Can't say I wasn't a little disapointed with Tee Bee after my WEMF experience though. But the man still rocked it out! We could have done with a bigger venue, the place was RAMED. No room to dance at all. And I would asume that some people were not aloud in.
It was a welcome return to toronto for me, seeing alot of friends and meeting a few new people that I'm sure I'll see around the way.

Richard

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Wow! Whatta night! Teebee tore the roof down, pure deep darkness, infact the only track I remember knowing was High Contrast - 3am, after that it was deep dark tunes. Sick basslines, great vibe. It was a little too crowded for the first half of his set, almost reminded me of Labour of Love.... But once dancing room freed up I had no complaints.
Caddy Cad knows when to come in and when to just let teebee do his thing, although his horn was a little tacky. Im not too sure the mad bar guys appreciated him telling the crowd to rip down that camo netting tho, as a security camera and a light came down with it :(
But overall a top notch evening, and I must throw in that Teebee's scratching on those 2 or 3 tracks was incredible :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Very nice set, although not even close to his performance at WEMF.
The first half of it was deep, dark and fast but then he considerably slowed down. I guess everyone's expectations were too high and the party did not really reach the next level like at 3 day. Also the needle skipped a couple of times and he apparently had some tech. troubles so that might have been part of the reason. Never the less, as i said he started off really nice. I just wish he would have kept going in the same direction throughout. Some of my favourite tunes were obviously FUCKIN HOSTILE , inta, his angel mix and this tune called "between" - I think it came after renegade hardware's water or after acid city.. JP & Tryan - post the tracklisting asap! :) I was a bit disappointed that he did not play severed dreams and especially liquid light.
I have some good photos from the night and most importantly, a poster size picture of me and him :D (THIS is happiness) They'll be up on torontojungle.com or rinse mag..

rentboy

TRIBE Member
can't really comment on the set cuz i never really heard it...decided to jet over to System for Carola cuz Teebee was pretty rammed.

shouts to that sweetheart Tella, good to finally shoot the shit for a bit.

Juan Love, always a pleasure ma brotha.

word to Fuzzy

Jayisbored, surprise guest...prolly the one and only time i'll see him at a jungle party.

Raverguy, nice one JP, great to finally meet you, seem like a solid geeza :)

but yeah, i had no regrets about hitting up Carola, i had a great time there.

Last edited:

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
I had a great time. Mad bar was way too packed as Teebee came on though, pretty much zero rooom to dance for the first hour, but once it let up I could really enjoy the stuff he was playing. I missed his set at Wemf, I expected it to be more dark and techy throughout but I like how he mixed in the ragga, it really got the crowd going. I stayed til the very end to work off that surplus dancing energy that I couldn't use earlier, it closed around 3, too early for a non-school night.

Nice to party with some propah heads, Marian, Olga, Alex... Jay! I hope you all had a good time.

Will

tella

TRIBE Member
last night was rowdy. didn't hear much of his set because i was either upstairs listening to the dukes (what kind of music is that :p) or i was trying to get through the crowd, while falling victim to random ass/tata grabbings.

ruckus absolutely tore shite up! technically he was sound, his tunes were BAD (nuff dubs) and there was no mc. it was strictly tunes and the crowd going off to them!

the little bits and pieces i did catch from teebee were also quite good. i LOVE LOVE LOVE that ragga influenced track he scratched over.

big up paul & pete (my partners in crime), the lovely magda, alex, the debonair juan love, fuzzy, olga and marian (nice meeting you), JP, stephen, john tan (who doesn't love john tan), toby, JIB & rentboy (i froze my tits off for you!).

Last edited:

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
I enjoyed myself only because of the familiar crew that was there and the Dukes.

Shouts to Natalie, Will, Richard, Naomi, Ivan, Jay, Olga, Chris, saw Meghin and Alex from afar, I think that's it, if I forgot anyone, smack me in the head when you see me. :D

That is all.

XXX
Marian
:p

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
damn, that was one PACKED night..
we got there around 11:30 and tried getting to the front of the party so we could watch my boy ruckus finish off his set..
it took a long time to get up there, but we managed to get a spot and get comfortable.. a few drinks later and the crowd wasn't bothering me much.
ruckus played a great set, although i think the crowd was too busy waiting for teebee to come on to notice.

teebee was alright, i've never found him to be anything too special. we only stayed until about 1:00am and by then he hadn't really shown why he was payed the big money to 'highlight' the night.

oh well, had a good time, a nice way to end the long weekend.

and looking at liquid fairy's post, i seem to have missed a few people that i have been looking forward to meeting.. guess there's always the next libralove ;)

(naomi, was that you standing outside at around 1 with a blond girl in a suede jacket?)

RaVeRGuY

TRIBE Member
As if Cause 4 Concern at Surface Friday night and the V Legends at Mayday's comeback Saturday night weren't enough, RINSE Magazine alongside Mad Bar bring in one of the most talented and brilliant producers all the way from Norway: the one like TEEBEE! Not only is he a competent dj but he also heads his own elite Subtitles label, as well as releasing deep mesmerizing tracks on reputable labels such as Metalheadz and Certificate 18.

Never been to Mad Bar prior to Teebee's night, but I really regret missing DJ Bailey when he was down here a couple months back. A very intimate venue, but perhaps way too tiny for any import DJ of that caliber? Nonetheless, it got rammed in a matter of minutes leading into Teebee's set. A very decent sound system housed this small venue.

Can't say how glad I am that Teebee made his return to Toronto once again after missing his well-talked about set at WEMF this year. Known for his profound sets filled with unique sounds and minimal scratching, Teebee never ceases to amaze. Comparable to Dillinja/Lemon D's status, Teebee has made his own 'genre' in the drum & bass industry by producing solid, mind-boggling tracks no other can muster.

As expected, Teebee's set was unlike any other, filled with very dark rollers of the next level. Was totally unsure how this set could be trainspotted, but to my surprise it went quite well; all with a little help from the one like Teebee after his set. Haven't met any other dj that's so down to earth and considerate. Respect to the one like Teebee; even he doesn't know the name yet of certain dubs he played. :D

Here she is:

1) ??? - ???
2) D Kay - Barcelona
3) M.I.S.T. & High Contrast - 3 AM
4) Digital - Deadline (Alias 4041 RIP Remix)
5) Future Prophecies - ???
6) Kemal - ???
7) Dillinja - War Is Over
8) Inta Warrios - Inta (Tommy Remix) <rewind>
9) Chris SU - Astrosine
10) Grooverider - What Do You Do (Dillinja Remix)
11) Goldie - Angel (Teebee VIP)
12) Kemal - Fucking Hostile
13) Future Prophecies - Between The Sun and Jupiter
14) Future Prophecies - Acid City
15) Teebee - Evil Ways
16) Teebee - Vengeance
17) L Double - Bass 2 Dark (Tommy Remix) <rewind>
18) Hive & Keaton - The Plague
19) Moving Fusion - Starsign
20) Nate Dogg - Took Your Love (Teebee Remix)
21) Shy FX & T Power - Everytime I Come (that Ragga track everyone is talking about!)
22) ??? - ???
23) Hive & Teebee - Surreal Uncut
24) ??? - ???
25) Calyx - Mindfold
26) Lemon D - What Bass
27) SKC - ???
28) BSE - ???
29) Calyx - Kingdom VIP

IMHO so far, this is considered set of the year; definitely one of a kind. MC Caddy Cad did a great job hosting the night for this Norweigan legend.

Can't wait until the next unofficial drum & bass weekend. A full 3 nights of solid headliners happens ever so often. Could we be any more spoiled in Toronto? ;)

Once again, much appreciation goes out to the Rinse Crew (John, Richard, Clancy, etc.) for bringing Teebee down. It was nice finally meeting Chris (rentboy), Jes (super sharp shorty), as well as Aiko. Big up to Tryan, Derek, Lucid, Tella, Pablo, Sek, and can't forget the man like Teebee.

-JP

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RaVeRGuY
Here she is:

1) ??? - ???

i'm not sure of the real name, but it's being called "that harp tune" by Roni Size.
the harps in it are actually the sample from the game Final Fantasy 1..

RaVeRGuY

TRIBE Member
^^

Not too sure how I know all these tunes. Mind you last night Teebee filled in quite a few blanks from Future Prophecies.

-JP

RaVeRGuY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry

i'm not sure of the real name, but it's being called "that harp tune" by Roni Size.
the harps in it are actually the sample from the game Final Fantasy 1..
It was Ruckus that played that tune as his last, and the actual name is "Sound Advice". :)

-JP

tella

TRIBE Member
IMHO so far, this is considered set of the year; definitely one of a kind. MC Caddy Cad did a great job hosting the night for this Norweigan legend.
even tho he kept saying "teebee, straight outta the uk.....uk's finest!" ;)

i guess old habits die hard.

RaVeRGuY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by air-bag
I was a bit disappointed that he did not play severed dreams and especially liquid light.
Don't think he really plays 'Severed Dreams' nowadays. As far as 'Liquid Light' goes, he said his copy's worn out and skips a lot; also wouldn't have been worth to drop it last night seeing as most of his dubplates were skippin.

-JP

RaVeRGuY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tella

even tho he kept saying "teebee, straight outta the uk.....uk's finest!" ;)

i guess old habits die hard.
Ya seriously! I'm surprised Teebee didn't grab the mic and corrected for the record! :D

-JP

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member

It was Ruckus that played that tune as his last, and the actual name is "Sound Advice". :)

-JP
ok so it seems your the guy to ask this question...i know nothing at all about yous guys music i just tagged along with some people but i guess it was ruckus who dropped this epicy track with some guy's vocals repeating 'don't cry' or something along those lines. twas near the end of his set cause i think teebee came on shortly after. anyways i liked that one :D

RaVeRGuY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored

ok so it seems your the guy to ask this question...i know nothing at all about yous guys music i just tagged along with some people but i guess it was ruckus who dropped this epicy track with some guy's vocals repeating 'don't cry' or something along those lines. twas near the end of his set cause i think teebee came on shortly after. anyways i liked that one :D
New Zealand's Concord Dawn. Track called 'Morning Light' released not too long ago on Timeless. Watch out for the remix by Klute. Sick tune.

"Please don't cry....in the morning light!"

-JP

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories