• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

TECHnobody cares.

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
I could answer 'da street' to all your questions, but will break it down a bit further ;)

what's my art?
it's mostly markers, marijuana, disco, mixtapes, Peter The Puck, sketchbags

some acrylic/multimedia pieces, some hockey pucks, some tshirts/underwear, light sculpture, prints, sketches, basically everything except for scratchiti.

and yes I'm trained. my mom said it was a bit late at 2 1/2, but I managed to hit the bowl eventually.

still hittin bowls til this day! ;)
(KUSHUPS FOR BRAKFAST!)

hope to have a downloadable PDF catalogue of the reprintable shit (stickers, prints, tshirts, certain canvases...)

eznaw

gl*tch

TRIBE Member
neat-o! I'm moving into a new place and I need some art to adorn the walls etc...pls send out a reminder lest your post become buried in the ether.

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
^pritty shure I know how to distill a postscript file into a PDF, sir. ;)

......BUT I do need someone with a good camera/lenses and some free time to shooooot my art. ;)

Maybe next Sunday if you're not too hungover after Akufen??

krosum

TRIBE Member
^ you knows !!

so where are they going to play this summer?
i might have to follow them around ;)

provided that i eventually find a job in the shitty economy

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
^ you knows !!

so where are they going to play this summer?
i might have to follow them around ;)

provided that i eventually find a job in the shitty economy

No word yet on an SES tour although they have been doing some studio stuff lately.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Recorded a sick, sick (sick, I tells ya!) 3-deck, 90 minute mix over the witching hour from Sunday to Monday. Still have to decipher the tracklisting (went through a shitload of wax), but considerably more hyped than usual to get this one up for peeps to check out - couple of tracks from Traxx's new LP, some oldschool UR, Cabaret Voltaire, Marshall Jefferson and a whole lotta other tasty bits!

basilisk

TRIBE Member
Where's Skipper when you need her?

Mistress Barabara's "techno-pop" (shudder) album released.

RA shits all over it: RA Reviews: Misstress Barbara - I'm No Human (Album)
Blech.

And on that note, why are techno artists so averse to releasing a bangin' LP? Seems like they all want to get noodly and "artistic" with downtempo diversions and pop vocals. Trentemoller was able to pull it off but a lot of the rest of what I chance upon makes me ask "why can't this be more like their singles?"

praktik

TRIBE Member
Actually I've learned to become leary of album purchases. Its a shame cause you'll read artists on RA or wherever talking about how their album is the chance to really get their whole "vision" out there, something that can't be encapsulated in an EP.

But its the rare full-length I really come back to all that often and I'm not just talking about "pop" diversions or ones where they try a "concept" but even more traditional albums.

Not to say I dont have a bunch of great full lengths just that I've been disappointed often enough (Sweet N Candy comes to mind)

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Very much looking forward to a wee shindig on Sat'day night, celebrating Mrs. Wax's b-day. 5 DJs lined up, all with their own unique flava, we've added a fog machine and a 1960s-style oil lamp projector to the Casa WW setup, and there's plans to record audio AND vid of the whole evening!

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Fnuk yeah! Great way to wrap up the week, won a white label 2 x 12" copy of Subject Detroit #34 (Music remixes) after entering DJ Bone's "What is music" contest! Some solid reworkings on this one from the likes of Aaron Carl, Rennie Foster and Stephen Brown. Plus I get a personalised, one-of-a-kind mix from Bone himself!