• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Techno to slide to

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
i've been getting the craving for the kind of techno that is mainly for headphone/chill sessions.

* smeone mentioned TOBIAS THOMAS' "smallville", and i found that and enjoyed it.

so....down those lines.

seeker

TRIBE Member
lately i've been digging Four Tet's "Rounds" and I Am Robot And Proud's "Grace Days". Headphone couch sessions stuff.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
lately i've been digging Four Tet's "Rounds" and I Am Robot And Proud's "Grace Days". Headphone couch sessions stuff.
i'm not big on four-tet.

but thanks for the other recomendations. i'll check em out!

seeker

TRIBE Member
Also, when I was researching for the upcoming (and now cancelled) Monolake gig, I discovered a lot of his stuff that was quite reasonable when plugged in.

task

TRIBE Promoter
plaid .. parts in the post ..
burnt freidman .. secret rhythms
various .. wabi 4 years
oddmyth .. minimalis
anything boards of canada..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

seeker

TRIBE Member
hey task, do you listen to much Burnt Friedman? I checked out the last one (w/ Nu Dub Players) "Can't Cool". It's got a couple of good tunes on there. Any other suggestions?

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
^^^ Seeker, check out the first Nu dub players album called "Just Landed" very excellent dub oriented material. For a little more jazzy affair I would recommend any Flanger material you can get your hands on, as well as Burnt Friedman "Plays Love Songs" (much of this album is also released as Non Place "Plays Love Songs" and Non Place "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm", they are all basically the same album with a few different tracks). Burnt's "Con Ritmo" album is more of a loungey affair, though completely diggable.

Then there's all the work he's done on his own Nonplace label and a few mixes as well (there was one up on www.dublab.com a while back that I really dug).

I love Burnt,
odbx

Nesta

TRIBE Member
i have some of craig richards' groovetech sets that are perfect for some headphone head-fuck action.

Nesta

TRIBE Member
oh, i forgot about the master himself - peter benisch. his music was made for headphones and blunts.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
oh, i forgot about the master himself - peter benisch. his music was made for headphones and blunts.
oh yeah....i totally agree.
The FPU project's "traxdata" is one of the greatest headphone techno albums ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frick......i love Peter Benisch

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders