• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Techno parties in Toronto

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
After witnessing the BEST techno party (speedy J) that I had been to in Toronto in YEARS........... I am pumped, stoked and super excited that YOU.....yes YOU the Toronto tech-headz can make the Leibing party a TOTAL BLAST. I had pretty much given up on having a "wicked time" in Toronto with "wicked people" going absolutely apeshit to deadly techno! And you showed me wrong...........FINALLY!

So lets do it up LARGE and SHOW ourselves that Toronto's techno scene can STILL GO OFF!

itch'nandtalkingshit,
GRj

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
i was thinking of going to see CHRIS LIEBING this friday at roxy, trying to find mixes of his on the net is hard..

any input on this guy?

is he really bang techno or a nice inbetween

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
i echo your sentiments regarding the speedy j show....that was off the hook and everyone was losing their marbles unlike any techno event i've been to in awhile. i too am hoping for a similar techno thrashing this friday.

liebing is boss. has he been here before?

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
i was thinking of going to see CHRIS LIEBING this friday at roxy, trying to find mixes of his on the net is hard..

any input on this guy?

i recommend searching on soulseek. there's a link to a polish website that has a live set of his and a copy of his album entitled "evolution"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock

any input on this guy?

He has like a billion trax out there i believe :confused: He is hard, and damn good! Don't get me wrong, there is harder, but I would say theres no "inbetween" with him ;)

He rawked the shit out of Aria in MTL. 2 months ago for 6 1/2 hours!

Just BE THERE! TRUST ME :)

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
"He has like a billion trax out there i believe"

yes.

.....too many, some would say

;)

keep shoveling that 'schranz' on us Chris.....

ms. peacock:

chris leibing is about as hard as it gets;

next to basscore, drill n bass, noisecore, hardcore, corecore....

Destrocore

dsp909

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Destro Sanchez

keep shoveling that 'schranz' on us Chris.....

ms. peacock:

chris leibing is about as hard as it gets;

next to basscore, drill n bass, noisecore, hardcore, corecore....

Destrocore [/B]

um, no. there are a lot more techno dj's out there that are harder, but toronto won't be ready for that for a while.

chris is still great though.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by madnezz
ha ha I just downloaded a track called "Time for Laura" (by liebing)....

SWEET!

How'd you find time to download something other than Madonna, Britney, Janet Jackson, etc :p

pr0nstar

P.S. It's not about you!

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by pr0nstar
How'd you find time to download something other than Madonna, Britney, Janet Jackson, etc :p

pr0nstar

P.S. It's not about you!

as far as i can remember she has been down with techno probally the same time you were bugging out to Bad Boy Bill patner... or some other hard house collective out there!!!

:D

Winick

TRIBE Member
Lets not forget the fact that my boy Jeff Cochran is also gonna perform a rare techno assault on 3 decks and drum machine, no final scratch.... dirty, scratched up, well fucked, pussy drippin vinyl!.... As well look for a special live presentation from Format Recordings immediately following Cochran's onslaught if you have anything left in your body's and my boy's not outta records.... 3 decks and as fast as he is, thats a lot of records... Its time to get back to grass roots traky techno. Thats all I'm gonna hint at...

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Nesta
let's see if liebing gets a similar turnout/vibe to speedy j.

what about Slobodan Nestea???

you gonna support a hard techno event brought to yah by someone else rather than Blue ??

I really hate the stupid name "schranz" for techno ...but if anyone is "schranz" its Slobodan...

personally i'm more geared up to see Slobodan.

sweden assault.

MHO!

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
what about Slobodan Nestea???

you gonna support a hard techno event brought to yah by someone else rather than Blue ??

I really hate the stupid name "schranz" for techno ...but if anyone is "schranz" its Slobodan...

personally i'm more geared up to see Slobodan.

sweden assault.

MHO!

i have no clue who slobodan nestea is. i don't like hard techno at all, but i'd support john and greg. that's the truth, like it or not.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Nesta
doug, are you aware that you're a big hypocrite? it's sad and funny at the same time.

eloborate pal... why dont you answer my fucking question, i asked you two times now.

how am i being a hyprocrite?

i always support Blue/Mono if thats what your saying, have been probally way longer than you... or if not MORE.

this isnt a resume, or who you know, tell me whats so funny Nestea?

Sorry i do and happen to support anything outter than said... so let me in on what's so sad buddy or hahahaha got you in tear funny!!

Nesta

TRIBE Member
what kind of question is 'then what'? i simply stated that i'm curious to see what kind of turnout liebing gets. there is no then what.

how are you a hypocrite? i've seen you ream people here before for not knowing an artist/track/dj, etc. then when you get reamed, you're telling people to chill out and shit. that's just one example.

either way, i don't have time for childish shit. i have work to do.