• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Techno NYC suggestions?

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
I'm heading down for a weekend and I was wondering if anyone in our beloved techno room would have suggestions for things related to techno.

Record stores?

Techno nites?

anything else related to techno....

patrick.dsp

TRIBE Member
i can get you in touch with the gotham groove guys and a few other good folks if you like, they'd be more than happy to show you around and if need be take care of you. hit me up on msn.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
When are you planning to be there?
I'm going on April 22 to Avalon where Steve Rachmad & Rob Hood are playing... then at the end of the month I think Jeff Mills is at Pacha or Avalon.. Sven Vath played last weekend and so did Carl!

I agree with Patrick.. the Gotham Groove crew will know what's going on techno-wise these days. I know of some record stores as well, I will pm them to you.

-Kate

I<3Robots

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
When are you planning to be there?
I'm going on April 22 to Avalon where Steve Rachmad & Rob Hood are playing...
fack. i'm dying to hear rachmad.

have fun vergeee.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
I'm heading down for Easter weekend (April 14-17th) to check out a comedy jam that a podcaster I listen to is hosting. They had a contest for the openning spot and I sent in some submissions trying to get ppl to vote for me. (here's one of em) I didn't win, but I figure it would be fun to go anyways and cheer on the guy who did win.... his stuff was funny. AND it's an excuse to go to NYC.

So that'll be the plan for early sat.nite...and I do want a big art gallery or two... but that won't take up the 4 days I'm down there for. :)

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Saturday APR 15th

MR.X (Low Spirit)
DJ MICRO (System Recordings)
FRANKIE BONES (EMG)
DOMINIK SCHÖLLER (doojee)

MR.X/AFRIKA ISLAM
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE USA
FROM MR.X and MR.Y (WESTBAM)
MAYDAY/LOVEPARADE, BERLIN GERMANY

The Delancey