• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

techno in New York...?

xopus

TRIBE Member
i missed akufen?
fuuuuucckkk.

josh, i didnt make it to mills, i was way to tired to get out and party. I heard he wasn't as good as last time though.

plaslaiko and josh wink sounds promising. who's going?

xopus

TRIBE Member
^got my tickets a couple days ago.

combined with Daft Punk in august, i'm already excited for summer parties. I can't fucking wait.

I<3Robots

TRIBE Member
going to see green velvet gave me pneumonia. it was at the first sytem party in detroit. and i think it was over a decade ago. wow.

xopus

TRIBE Member
i think it might be time for me to finally go and see hawtin.

oh wait....
fuck....
i'm in canada that weekend.

daaammmittt.

JOSHB

TRIBE Member

and Steve Bug and The Dirty Bird (CVS and the los bros Martin) residency next week.

Minimoo tonight (mobilee showcase) feat. pan-pot, gummihz, and exercise one.

Oh yeah, Detroit. Exhausting.

kate manus

TRIBE Member
^^
Ben Sims... noice :)
Saw him a few nights ago when he closed after Surgeon at a party in Utrecht... was really good, like usual.

xopus

TRIBE Member
josh, want to hit cielo on monday? sunny and liz and some others are in town and they're planning on going.

nmh

TRIBE Promoter
JESUS BREAK DANCING CHRIST!!! Why does the best week of techno happen the first week I'm gone from la grande pomme? Don't see that much quality coming through that rapidly in succession too often. Maybe it's a good thing, cuz if I was there, I'd be wanting to rock and roll all night and party ev-er-y day.

nmh

nmh

TRIBE Promoter
NNNnnnnnnNnnNnnnnnoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

That's my howl of protest. Fucking Monolake AND Vladislav Delay on the same night @ Love 5/29. My favourite club with the best system in New York hosting my all-time hands-down favourite producer, who I've never had the opportunity to see in personn (V. Delay). Monolake ain't too shabby either, that night he did with Kit Clayton in T.O. a while back was phenomenal. Argh. Note you have to have advanced tix for this, more info here:
http://music_is_love.intellicontact.com/music_is_love/monolake_vladislav_delay_live_in_love_5_29.html

In other news, Melbourne rocks! The street art here is amazing, not just graffiti, but lots of illegal sculptural interventions, like these milk crate dudes:
http://www.railpage.com.au/f-t11330833-0-asc-s0.htm

They still do warehouse parties here without permits where you can bring ur own booze. That sure takes me back to the early days, ah, the 90s and teenage raves.

kate manus

TRIBE Member
Didn't realize Funk D'Void hasn't played NYC since the 90s.. just noticed he will be playing Sullivan Room next weekend.

Preach is also in town this weekend for a gig.. his first in NYC.

digitalux

TRIBE Member
I haven't heard T-1000 in a while... I will be at this one! What else is happening this week ? :) Seeing as I am in the city... I think I will check some things out. I heard Uncut (toronto band) is playing sometime soon too, and that the Feild and another Ghostly international label artists are playing at Studio B in Brooklyn on Wednesday... but there is also LOSER at Stay on WEdnesday nights (last week they had TOdd Sines and they have Derrick Plaslaiko, and John Selway too.....

kate manus

TRIBE Member
this has a techno in new york connection... sooo sad :(

Janie Peralta, head of the record US techno record labels Matame and Matando, is reported to have been brutally murdered by her boyfriend during a altercation that took place in their apartment on July 5th. She was only 29 years old; adding to the tragedy, her young daughter will now grow up without a mother. Her killer was also injured during the incident and is in critical condition suffering from multiple lacerations. Matame had 6 releases, the most recent one titled - Prophets in the Midst that was produced by her attacker, Jav. The release featured a track eerily named Fear of Life Not Death. Source: http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/press/display.asp?layout=1&Entry=739