• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Techno in Cancun?

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Hey all, I'm making the voyage to Mexico over the next week, and I'm wondering if anybody has encountered any serious clubs down there, techno preferred but I'm willing to take anything over the RnB/Hip Hop madness that I'm expecting to be prevalent.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
Fat Chance

I was in Cancun 3 years ago, there is a lot of clubs there and you will drink your face of guaranted. And there going to tell you your listening to Techno or where to find it. But you wont they will get you drunk enough you might start to think it is but it wont be.

ktown

TRIBE Member
vamos muchacha :)

i went to see mills in mexico - but he came and left because there were only 13 people in the club - so we listened to liberator instead - ha! - it was a wednesday night - but i can't remember what the club was called - but the patio was in the sand - it was fun during global fiesta 2000

there is one club thats just crazy - they have a tekno room
its called DadyO's
:: 4 floors ::
:: over 25,000 ppl ::
:: 20-30$ cover for open bar all night ::
:: vip belcony that overlooks the entire place - it kind of goes around - really neat :) ::

come to think of it next to every club we went to had either house or tekno musik - but there was some electronic musik festival going on at the time

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
5 c's in a single hyphenated phrase ... tsk tsk, that's way too many c's bro.

WAY TOO MANY C's!!!!

odbx (aka oddbox <- see the brevity? Save the letters man! We're all going to get carpal tunnel someday, but not today!).

On the topic however, I recently returned from Mexico (the side opposite Cancun though). There's some great Mariachi techno, very romantic. Give into the culture, don't look for another place to do the same things you do at home.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
On the topic however, I recently returned from Mexico (the side opposite Cancun though). There's some great Mariachi techno, very romantic. Give into the culture, don't look for another place to do the same things you do at home. [/B]

I'm not, but I know that I have a lot more fun when I enjoy the music, and that is usually house or techno. I'm sure though that after the first four or five drinks it won't really matter.

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
Re: vamos muchacha :)

Originally posted by ktown
i went to see mills in mexico - but he came and left because there were only 13 people in the club - so we listened to liberator instead - ha! - it was a wednesday night - but i can't remember what the club was called - but the patio was in the sand - it was fun during global fiesta 2000

there is one club thats just crazy - they have a tekno room
its called DadyO's
:: 4 floors ::
:: over 25,000 ppl ::
:: 20-30$ cover for open bar all night ::
:: vip belcony that overlooks the entire place - it kind of goes around - really neat :) ::

come to think of it next to every club we went to had either house or tekno musik - but there was some electronic musik festival going on at the time

Please I have to disagree here "Dadyo's sucked shit. If you think that was techno you really need to see Curt & Doug saturday night to set you straight on what techno really sounds like because what that bar played was bad anthems at best.:confused:

ktown

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: vamos muchacha :)

Originally posted by Techno_Lord
Please I have to disagree here "Dadyo's sucked shit. If you think that was techno you really need to see Curt & Doug saturday night to set you straight on what techno really sounds like because what that bar played was bad anthems at best.:confused:

but i didn't go there with you did i ;)

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
True but what are you saying just because you were in the building the music was better Please. These bars in Cancun are like amusement parks for alchoholics. Just because they turn the base up does not make it Techno. :p

ktown

TRIBE Member
^ i'm really tired & i wish direct beat radio was still on

maybe i lucked out? who knows...
and it WAS an amusement park for alki's :D

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
You may have and if so faired better then I. But you really can't expect much from a country that still celebrates with a good hat dance. :cool:

ktown

TRIBE Member
it definitely wasn't the *best* musik compared to some of the little places we went to :p but the place was fucken HUGE and the decor was SICK!

i'll see if i can find the flyer - it'll have club names on it

krzysztof

TRIBE Member
i was there last week, don't know about techno in cancun but about 1 hour drive south from there is this town Playa Del Carmen and they have this amazing club which is located in a CAVE! there was one local and one italian dj that night (don't remember names, that's Corona's fault) with some wicked tech-house...better research who is spinning there before you go, but it's worth just to experience cool surroundings and atmosphiere (they pump oxygen there :D )...

wickedken

TRIBE Member
awesome. i'll be sure to check it out. the main thing for me is to avoid the joe's/joker kind of thing, as i get way too much of that here.

billy

TRIBE Member
friends of mine got back this week. primarily rnb and house in the clubs. alot of all you can drink spots but they didn't mention anything about techno.

DjCao

TRIBE Member
They don't play techno like a basis, but u find trance & some other electronic genres @ La Boom...Monday is No
cover....that's the only place that plays electronic music all night in the main room...
but u should check out Dady'O & Daddy Rock for some crazy Fun....
Ah...and don't forget Mr.Frogs...everybody loves that shit...and that kiosk and mini super across the street...cheapest place to buy beer after hours...and u can drink it right there on the street....

ha...sometimes i miss cancun...

:(