• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Techno - CJ Hahn & Aidan Day mix

CJ Hahn

TRIBE Member
We recorded this the other weekend and wanted to share with everyone.

I want to give a little background first. Over the past year we've been experimenting with our live set quite a bit. I've felt, and this isn't true of all, that sometimes live sets can be a little boring because the music is all within the same vein, and there isn't the variety you would find in a DJ set. What we decided to do is add some records into our set to help change up the sound and pace. As well I've been working on a loop project that takes multiple loops from different songs and mix them into a single track. Yes it's been done but I don't have the access that Rich has to originals of tracks, so I can't just pick out the highs, or the bassline if I want, but rather I can only capture a loop with all of it's parts. So it doesn't sound as nice and clean, but I do my best to construct something with a groove and try and find little progressions to work with. Let us know what you think.

I've zipped the mp3 with a track list, but I'll post the tracks below. If I start running out of bandwidth this month I may just make it a stream until June arrives.

I will make a note: when we were recording I accidentally pulled out the output from my Indigo I/O and lost my stereo connection, but was left with mono. Worst of all it was during a mix so I copied the one good channel and pasted over the other, but it still sounds fuked up in headphones, and a good system. The problem occurs about 26:29

download

Track List

00:00 – Aidan Day & CJ Hahn - 1000
06:07 – Urban Force – Magnat
11:14 – Track 0
14:41 – Aidan Day & CJ Hahn - Chord
21:31 – Track 2
27:36 – Aidan Day & CJ Hahn – New Big
32:50 – Soda – Motorcity
37:46 – Track 10
43:39 – Aidan Day & CJ Hahn – K2
49:27 – Echopilot – Emptiness
54:16 – Track 11

Track 0 contains loops from the following songs:
Gaiser – Egress
John Selway – Soul Control
John Tejada – Mono on Mono
Trentemoller – Latenight
Sammy Dee & Guido Schneider – Styleways
Gabriel Ananda – Sussholz (Robert Babicz remix)

Track 2 contains loops from the following songs:
3 Channels – We Are All A little
Vegetable Orchestra – Atavismus (Ricardo Villalobos remix)
Brightlight – Reconnected
Locodice – Carthago
Der Dritte Raum – Chido Way (Jon Gaiser mix)
D’julz – Fast Forward (original)

Track 10 contains loops from the following songs:
Jesper Dahlback – The Lonesome Dub
Rene Breitbarth – Congon
THX – Devil of Rotations
Jay Haze & Jeff Samuel – Shwang

Track 11 contains loops from the following songs:
D. Diggler – Red Dragon
Konrad Black – Busting Down the Door With a Shotgun
Martin Landsky – Fools (They Don’t Know the Time) Instrumental mix
Martinez – Shadowboxing (Trentemoller rmx)
Baeks – Red Falling

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

CJ Hahn

TRIBE Member
It seems some people have been having problems downloading the rar file. Just do a right click "save as" and you should be fine.

Here is the direct link to the set rar as well

http://primedrecordings.com/pics/primed_Apr2006.rar

Please let me know if there are any continued problems downloading the set. If there seems to be more problem I'll host it on another site too.