• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Technics 1200 led kits

dj_dopamine

TRIBE Member
Is it easy to install those “do it yourself” Technics l.e.d kits?
Is it really worth it?
Can I use any l.e.d. colour, say from active surplus ?
What exactly is involved?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Ondie

TRIBE Member
I did it - its easy. Look up on the weeb, there is a step by step doc around (well, at least there used to be a site with it). You can use any blue LED's, but you need like 6 for each deck, so its not that cheap.

Get a good soldering iron, take your time.. perhaps 3 hours to do the mod total, including deck take apart and re-setup.

ab

tablist

TRIBE Member
I use the pure cut fader mod from asisphonics on ever new crossfader I get. I love asisphonics. dope fucking site.

Ondie, just curious, but do skratch and juggle? Most of the people I know who check that site are turntablists, is why I ask.

Max

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
Practise the soldering if you have no one to do it for you. ( Just grab and old circuit board and and practise on that ) make sure you put solder on and only on the gold or copper part of the board. make sure 2 solder connection don't touch unless there in series then its okay. If you solder and you can see through the hole resolder it so it has good connection. ( others wise it will work sumtimes and other time it won't ) make sure the solder is shiny when you apply it onto the board for best conduction. Meaning if you apply the solder onto it again to fix it then the shine will dull abit and conduction won't be as great ( but it will still work ).

Ondie

TRIBE Member
I'm not really a scratch/juggler, but I try ;) I mostly putz around with house, adding a little doubling up/scratch here and there.

asisphonics - great mods, and they came up in a search when i wanted to mod my decks ;)

ab

Ondie

TRIBE Member
as per: only blue led's - you can use any (I toyed with using the purple/ultraviolet ones, and then putting blue highlighter around the dots on my deck - that woudl shine in the UV light).

As for LED's though, make sure to get SUPER bright ones (as mentioned in the doc). Don't cheap out.

The square blue ones are hard to find - I had to order mine from the weeb, but I forget where.

ab

Ondie

TRIBE Member
right! I'm on fire with the thought-after-post today ... I got my blue square ones from 1200s.com