• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tech Support @ SYP Lounge

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Well how do you do!

I hauled a crew of us into SYP lastnight from Hamilton and it was worth the trek.

We missed whoever played first but the two guests we did see were warming people up fairly well with some slowly chuggin' tech-house which was interspersed with a few classics (Real Jazz = real good).

It was around the time Captain Resident #1 came on (Conrad) that the place really filled up as well as got louder AND got harder and more danceable. I was personally wearing my size 10 footloose shoes but my particualr patch of floor was slippery so I didn't try too much but others were risking a healthy ego bash on the floor by shaking loose for sure.

RIGHT when Conrad was ending we booked it. when you travel in a group decisions are sometimes made which we don't all like but hey there is always next month to catch Brandon jam it.

over-all feeling of my first Tech-Support = B+*

* (grading system is entirely bogus and can change from mood to mood)

Will I go next month? Brandon's lap better be waiting!

seeker

TRIBE Member
aye laddie, good to see you last night.

i had a good time, and i agree with isoprax, it was fun hearing "the real jazz" (mixed into "spastik" no less -- inspired some snobbery and chin-scratching hahaha).

loads of good people in the place last night. good to see you all again. bailed early as i have to work today.

are there pics? i know i got shot at least once.

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
shit, I didn't see you sean!

nice seeing you isoprax and crew! (ej, syl@syp)

I liked the the one of the Ones and Twos the best (Tom? Scott?..)

although I fuckin hate spastik.. ;)

it was weird seeing someone from your highschool gym class spinnin hard trancey techno at 56 Kensington... :)

too much of one style of techno make Homer something something..................................

that's why the AFTERPARTY KICKED FUCKING ASS!!!!!

if anyone was at the Dirtbag Danceparty on Dundas in Chinatown last night can tell you that it was a hot party! Holy Christ on Cigarettes!!!! (I remember how much I love that anti-smoking bylaw when I hit the afterhours...)

The song that got my hashass up off the couch was Soho - Hot Music!!! Damn that Hiphouse gets me goin!!

From there it was old acid house, hiphouse, electro, classic techno house and eclectic electronic crap.

I danced the shit outta myself until 5:30am when we went to bed!

Whatta wicked venue too! Packed to the tits!

Destro

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Some pics from the night.....

Originally posted by isoprax
You should have waited for me to turn around!
Haha...

I have more pics of the dj's but they didn't turn out so well.

Bah...

RhesusMonkey

TRIBE Member
Fun times, fun times. I really like the SYP venue for this party. Came in during the middle of the Ones & Twos set, started drinking heavily. Sylet Syd arrived shortly thereafter and kept the momentum going. Conrad and Birthday Boy were both givin'er for the rest of the night.
Got some Pho. Passed out at Studio 205. Drove back to the 'loo in the wee hours, cursing my initial decision to start drinking heavily. :D

All in all, a fine time. Brandon and Conrad have a great thing going and continue to showcase the local talent.

tetley

TRIBE Member
Bigger and better each and every time

Amanda and I left an open bar event to make sure we caught a good chunk of this event. We got there shortly after 12:30, and the place was full! I might have been hammered... but I knew enough to know that I liked what I was hearing. Ryan can always make my feet move no matter where I am - Conrad kept pace with a stellar performance for everyone's listening pleasure - and Brandon closed up the show leaving me wanting more.

After a quick stop at Pita Pit - the party continued at 205 - until the sun came up. Despite being half in the bag and semi passed out... some of the lines were classic last night. Here's to watching the dance scene in Napoleon Dynamite, muted on repeat. That guy can dance for hours!

It was a great party to hit up before I head back over seas for second semester. I look forward to hitting up the next tech support when I make the trip back over the pond!

Thanks for a great party - Conrad and Brandon - you got a good thing going... and I hope you continued growth as the summer months progress - bringing other fresh talent into the light.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Much Appreciated

A large helping of thanks once again to everyone who came out. It makes us happy to see a crowd of people enjoying techno.

A huge thanks to all our guests for keeping the funk alive. There was no shortage of bumping tech oriented groove at SYP last night.

I apologize for the degree of synth lines that may have wandered into my set. It's well know that I have a soft spot for these sounds and I sometimes let it get the better of me. I just can't help myself.

Let the birthday boy Brandon rejoice in the fact that he can stop partying so hard now.

The slippery floor was a sure sign of the good times being had.

Conrad

db

TRIBE Member
A big thanks to everyone who came out to help make this event and my big 30 one to remember. *I* may not remember it that well, but at least I know there's lots of people who can fill in the blanks for me! :D

A special thanks goes out to guests Mike Z, Tom Robbs and Sylent Syd for keeping the night rocking in Tech Support style.

Sets (if they pass the scrutiny of QA) and more pics will be posted shortly.

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
I hate the fact that I missed yey another great techno night. I WILL make it out. I can't be bottled up anymore!!!!!
Hopefully there will be more of these nights for the travelling challenged people of the EAST!!!!!
Congrats on another successful night!
:)

Chaz

TRIBE Member
Hope you had a great birthday Brandon! Sorry we couldn't be with you. Heard it was a great bash!

Cheers.

ian

TRIBE Member
What the hell? The "Ones and The Twos" come out of a five year (or sumpthin' like that) retirement and no one tells me?

Grumble grumble. . . .

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Made it to Arthur's but after drinking overproof 180 proof and redbulls plus a special mix of shots from the man himself (arthur) we never made it. I can't say that I never had fun though listening to a few live PA sets and playing on the gear.

We might have even converted or started the process of getting another hot girl on our techno alliance.

;)

Next time hopefully I make it down.

:)

2 The Beat

TRIBE Member
Re: Much Appreciated

Originally posted by Sinister Shadow

I apologize for the degree of synth lines that may have wandered into my set. It's well know that I have a soft spot for these sounds and I sometimes let it get the better of me. I just can't help myself.

Conrad
It is a pity that you feel any need to apologize for playing something you like on your own night! Especially when it is a hopping fun, slightly toasted night such as this!

Thanks again for the good beats and for bringing techno to the people who like being under the ground!

Keep up the good work!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Much Appreciated

Originally posted by 2 The Beat
It is a pity that you feel any need to apologize for playing something you like on your own night! Especially when it is a hopping fun, slightly toasted night such as this!
Thank you for reminding me that "there are no Techno police". I momentarily forgot this.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Much Appreciated

Originally posted by Sinister Shadow

Conrad
don't apologize for that! jesus.
just you wait. one of these days im going to lay down a crazy tech-trance set with you. (ask brandon to explain who i am it'll be easier since I haven't seen you since new years) :p
p.s. brandon, when is this shit going to happen anyway?

Time

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by ian
What the hell? The "Ones and The Twos" come out of a five year (or sumpthin' like that) retirement and no one tells me?

Grumble grumble. . . .
i have a gut feeling it's not the same 'ones and twos' - i've bumped into Scott (Lazaruk) a few times over the past few years, but not Thomas (Robbs). Remember Ian... we're getting older, and Tech Support represents a vibrant new injection to the T.O. techno scene.

i wanted to make it to this event, but having to be at work by 7am the next morning, stopped me this time. When's the next event!?

db

TRIBE Member
^^^ Actually, Time you couldn't be more mistaken (on one count anyways). Tom Robbs (of Ones & Twos fame) was one of the guest DJs and Scott was also in attendance although not playing. :)

You were however bang on about our night being a "vibrant new injection to the T.O. techno scene"... :D

Next event is May 27. Same bat time, same bat channel...