• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Team England = Toronto Maple Leafs

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Team England is the football/soccer equivelent of the Toronto Maple Leafs organization

• rabid fanbase
  • team exists in one of the biggest markets for their respective sport
  • media follows team with insane level of scrutiny
  • no major championship since the mid 1960's
  • constant disappointment
  • team constantly watches smaller market competitors succeed.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Maybe I'm wrong on this but can't any player from any country play for another country in the world cup, unlike the olympics where you actually have to be from that country?

If that is true, then why wouldn't England just buy some good players? Oh wait, that fits in with what you are saying about the leafs. :D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
Apparently if you're into FIFA 14 you should be timing your buying and selling according to english prime time - sell when its early morning in the UK buy when its evening... that country alone pushes the market trends for players..;)

Rage

TRIBE Member
Team England is the football/soccer equivelent of the Toronto Maple Leafs organization

• rabid fanbase
  • team exists in one of the biggest markets for their respective sport
  • media follows team with insane level of scrutiny
  • no major championship since the mid 1960's
  • constant disappointment
  • team constantly watches smaller market competitors succeed.
Agree 100%

acheron

TRIBE Member
Team England excels at World Cup theme songs however, which is something no one can take from them.

[YOUTUBE]emMosrLEqSk[/YOUTUBE]

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Maybe I'm wrong on this but can't any player from any country play for another country in the world cup, unlike the olympics where you actually have to be from that country?

If that is true, then why wouldn't England just buy some good players? Oh wait, that fits in with what you are saying about the leafs. :D
no. you need to have pretty strong ties (like being born, etc) to the country you are playing for to play on their national team. it isn't like Premier league or whatever. FIFA has specific rules that dictate which country a person is eligible to play for and they've had lots of people try to find loopholes over the years which have been closed.

Maui

TRIBE Member
no. you need to have pretty strong ties (like being born, etc) to the country you are playing for to play on their national team. it isn't like Premier league or whatever. FIFA has specific rules that dictate which country a person is eligible to play for and they've had lots of people try to find loopholes over the years which have been closed.
hmmm. I just remember when Canada really sucked (well even more than usual) and then all of a sudden we had these good guys on our team which allowed us to at least win a few matches here and there in world qualifying type matches.This was quite awhile ago, maybe we suck again really badly.

LikeASweet

TRIBE Member
they didnt even score one goal. was listening to the Manager of that team on 590 the other day, he was quite interesting. he said Canada were by far the fittest team at that tournament however they just weren't very good lol

The Kid

TRIBE Member

No that is incorrect, you can't buy players for the world cup...lol

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I have to admit... it's really tough being an England supporter... but I love my team and despite our showing so far, and aside from being a bit shaky, I still think they played very strongly, and I LOVE the style of play, rough and tumble proper english football (aside from Sturridge, he really has to stop flopping and trying to draw the foul...both for Liverpool and England).

It sucks when I read people say things like England fans are "rabid"... I guess there are some out there still making a bad name for us... but let's face it, there are shitty football fans in EVERY country... am thinking of a couple Italian teams in particular...lol.

But overall, great world cup so far, enjoying all the matches, definitely exciting to see who is starting to rise to the top, expecting more big things from Chile, Netherlands, Switzerland...

:)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
England/Japan/Italy are fucking Garbage and Spain will be another 2-3 WC's before relevant again.

The south american teams and even the teams from the islands are doing better than previously dominant teams.

Italy's showing today was just fucking AWFUL, i supported England ( for betting purposes ) and all they did is the same thing they do every year, disappoint.

Costa Rica deserved to Win, so did Uraguay.

Japan couldnt even beat Greece -1 player. PATHETIC.

office pool and betting suffered greatly in the last 24 hours.

BUT ITS FUN AS SHIT ! i <3 world cup!

IMO this year final will be between Zee Chermans and Nederlanders, unless Brazil pulls one of its, well we sucked in the beginning but now we will come back and win the whole thing.

Order of who im supporting not for monetary betting purposes.

Brazil( first time ever rooting for them hahaha due to new affinity for brazilians )
Nederlanders ( because they really fucking deserve to win )
Zee Chermans ( because half my family is cherman )

Last edited:

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
also saying that England fans are 'rabid' is pretty typical north american shit. Have you ever been to Europe, or South America, or basically not North America? There is barely a country out there that isn't batshit obsessed with football.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
The French are looking boss. Nicely balanced throughout the team. They rid most of the shit disturbers (exception of Evra) and seem to have a good energy among the squad.

Giving a good Swiss team a backhanding here.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
HAHAHA watching France eat the swiss up, hahahahaahahahaha

looking as of right now a threeway between Zee Chermans, Nederlanders and Frenchies !

rentboy

TRIBE Member
HAHAHA watching France eat the swiss up, hahahahaahahahaha

looking as of right now a threeway between Zee Chermans, Nederlanders and Frenchies !
I'd opt for zee Germans or the Frenchies. The Dutch back-line will be their undoing.

From South America, I can see Chile, Argentina and Colombia going far. Brazil don't impress me at all.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
also saying that England fans are 'rabid' is pretty typical north american shit. Have you ever been to Europe, or South America, or basically not North America? There is barely a country out there that isn't batshit obsessed with football.
This may be true.

But doesn't England have more elite level football teams (per capita) than really anywhere else on earth.

Like what country has more 40,000+ seat football stadiums for a place the population than England?

I know a LOT of countries are soccer crazy, but wouldn't one say England overall is the biggest destination for professional soccer?