• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Teacher defends student from racist bullying and is promptly fired

praktik

TRIBE Member
Not only is this story a completely depressing view into the day-to-day racism of retrograde, throwback Arizona - but its also, I think, a bit of a comment on entitled yuppie parents using the system to jealously defend their asshole kids from punishment and lash out at anyone with the temerity to suggest their fucking poisonous little snots might be worth little more than collection of shitty little cells and organs that make up their gleaming-white bully bodies.

So she said one of these kids had an "ugly face" on, cause well, it's hard not to imagine an "ugly" face on a little proto-Goebbels yelling "n***er" and "c**n" at a fellow student who came to school with the wrong skin on.

Arizona teacher fired after 25 years over defending student from racist bullying

A longtime elementary school teacher in Fountain Hills, Arizona was fired on Monday despite reportedly defending a Black student from racially-charged bullying, KNXV-TV reported.

Officials with the Fountain Hills Unified School District voted to terminate Pam Aister after 25 years teaching in district from her position at Four Peaks Elementary School. The decision stemmed from a May 2013 incident during which she stepped in when a group of students allegedly surrounded and bullied the boy.

“He was called the n-word, ‘monkey’, and ‘coon,’ Aister told KNXV.

Ainster told KTAR-FM that she also said to the group, “If you’re picking on him, you’re picking on me. It’s not five against one, it’s five against two, and there will be no more taunting, teasing or racial names.”

But parents of the alleged offenders told the school board that Aister behaved threateningly toward them, telling the group to “shut up” and making a remark about one of the students’ “ugly face.”

Board members did not comment on their decision to fire Ainster, and reportedly left quickly after reaching their decision and adjourning the meeting. Both a hearing officer appointed by the district and an attorney for Superintendent Tom Lawrence reportedly urged the board to end her contract.

link

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Hmmm, sounds like the teacher may have been a bit in the wrong. She has a responsibility to explain why calling the kid a "n****r" and "coon" is unacceptable, and I'm sure she had the authority to take them to the principal's office for it to be handled by administration.

But given the situation, to fire her for calling a kid ugly and telling them to "shut up"? Seems quite heavy handed. The board should have made their decision with some mercy.

praktik

TRIBE Member
But she didnt call a kid ugly, everyone can have an "ugly face"

Its the face you make when you're angrily yelling racial epithets at people, or watching an Adam Sandler movie.

praktik

TRIBE Member
..actually biggest reference for "ugly face" is with reference to beautiful babies - its the face they make when they scrunch all up and dont want that spoonful of vegetable mash

Parents made comments about my childhood "ugly face" I would make often..;)

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
But she didnt call a kid ugly, everyone can have an "ugly face"

Its the face you make when you're angrily yelling racial epithets at people, or watching an Adam Sandler movie.
+1

I wouldn't get too involved on this one. You're right and you know you have good moral fibers in your body that makes you come to this decision. Others don't get it... their loss.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
All good Mr. Bradley wasn't getting my back up at all..;) Ho||ywood and me ain't got no hate between us.

One thing this story lacks is details so speculation I think is warranted on both sides of this...

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
Its the USA. She will sue the board for wrongful dismissal and get an undisclosed settlement that will allow her to retire comfortably and the school board will close a school because the funding for it was paid out in the settlement.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
For the record, I am not disputing that these entitled little shits should have been scolded and punished for their racial hatred. They are young, so this was still time for a learning experience.

As for the teacher, I stand by what I am saying. Teaching is a multi-dimensional profession and no matter what context I cannot think of when it would be acceptable to tell kids to shut up or ask them to put their "ugly face" away or whatever.

Conversely, the school board should look at the situation in its entirety and have censured the teacher, reaffirm what is professional conduct in these cases and also be merciful to the teacher. After all, she was trying to defend someone being bullied.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I wasn't referring to Hollywood and you... even though his points are different than what I think. I'm talking about the people who fired her.

Like give me a fucking break... "ugly faces" got her fired???

I wonder how long suspensions are for school kids (albeit high school kids) when they tell the teach' to fuck off.

this is the exact (or a catalyst) reason why things are getting worse.

dig this

TRIBE Member
Her intentions were good but as a teacher you need to have better control over yourself. I think the penalty of being fired is harsh, but if I were the principle of this school I would defintely feel the need to repremend her in some way. Not acceptable to be in such a position and act in such an agressive way. Plus, it would have been so much more effective if she actually tried to teach them a lesson on acceptance and tolerance.

derek

TRIBE Member
the parents of the kids are idiots big time. if my child behaved like that their least concern would have been their teacher calling them 'ugly face'

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Well, we live in a world where no woman/parent wishes to believe that this child she spewed out of her cunt and subsequently raised to be a delinquent, entitled little Idiot ..... is in fact, a delinquent, entitled little Idiot.

It's a reflection upon them, as Parents! Which is why they're willing to take such harsh action to support their delinquent, coon-baiting retard kids

Arizona - took them up until around the mid 90's to get around to observing Martin Luther King's birthday as a holiday like the rest of the U.S.

You have to be incredibly racist to not want to take a day off.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
why did you make this joke?
Because the town is 94% Caucasian and 1% African American, making such a scenario at least somewhat plausible.

That, and I speak from being dark-skinned and having grown up in such an environment. To think that it still isn't going on today, well...

Last edited:

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Those were the terms the kids who were doing the racist bullying were using, hence my use of them in turn.
Sure but...perhaps an example:

You're out with some mates. One of them relates a story about a bunch of racists. You make a joke:
"omg haha what a bunch of hicks, I bet they were like 'look at that n* c* [etc racial ephithets]"

Tell me you wouldn't see multiple cringe faces from the people sitting around you.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Sure but...perhaps an example:

You're out with some mates. One of them relates a story about a bunch of racists. You make a joke:
"omg haha what a bunch of hicks, I bet they were like 'look at that n* c* [etc racial ephithets]"

Tell me you wouldn't see multiple cringe faces from the people sitting around you.
Thing is, it wasn't really a joke; I wasn't thinking "haha" when I wrote it. I wanted to drive home how this sort of thing comes about as a follow up to Derek's post, and I don't consider it a laughing matter in the least.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I think it's the same as something else that happened earlier this year or last. it's about the heavy overweight kid who stuck up for himself at school when being bullied. He was being called Fat and punched in the face during a school day. He finally blew up and slamed one of the taunting kids into the ground.

outcome:

He was suspended for fighting back for 2-3 days, and the bullies were suspended for 6-8 days. See! That makes sense and is FAIR! Yes, you shouldn't fight, but in some cases you need to defend, and sometimes you may do the same back as what is being done to you. This makes sense to me without any other external influence.

The teacher should take a day off or go get some more training around this, and the racist kids should be punished more... maybe do the year over or pay heavily?

and BTW... in high school and in today's world, we ALL know that what they were saying is wrong... like really really wrong.