• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

TC Powercore price slash

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Just got some great news...

$729 Canadian for the TC Powercore.

Boooooom.

I will be getting at least one of these bad boys!

(on a related note, the UAD-1 was also slashed in price to about $899)

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DeepSix
Just got some great news...

$729 Canadian for the TC Powercore.

Boooooom.

I will be getting at least one of these bad boys!

(on a related note, the UAD-1 was also slashed in price to about $899)
What about the big TC powercore?

hysterical

TRIBE Member
YES YES.............where can we pick up one of theses? On Ebay if saw them for over $2000 CAN. < fuck that.

.........................then all i will need is The Access virus VST to go along with it;)

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: TC Powercore price slash

Originally posted by Humanjava
What about the big TC powercore?
I think you mean the Firewire unit.....ya that puppy will probally be a hell of alot more. I think DeepSix is refering too the PCI card.whic is still one phat unit

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Yup, the firewire one is still full price IIRC, but the PCI card is slashed.

BTW, I've actually heard from users that they're having some issues with the firewire box...but who knows...I don't have any hands on time with that.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hysterical
YES YES.............where can we pick up one of theses? On Ebay if saw them for over $2000 CAN. < fuck that.

.........................then all i will need is The Access virus VST to go along with it;)
Fuck 2 G's if I go that nuts I am saving the rest for my new SADIE DSD or Merging Audio's system.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
I got that pricing at Pongetti's in Hamilton.

Pongetti's Musical Instruments 892 Upper James Street
Hamilton, ON L9C 3A5 Telephone: 905 318-9890

ask for John

Tell him "Sen told me about this pricing"

lol

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
actually, it's only about 2x as powerful...

from the TC Electronic website:

"Power
Even complex mixes are possible with just a laptop and one PowerCore FireWire, as it is offering almost twice the power of the PCI-card version! The unique combination of a floating-point PowerPC with 4 Motorola DSPs ensures tight integration into the native world – at the same time maintaining all of the advantages that DSPs offer for pristine signal processing."

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

hysterical

TRIBE Member
^^Deep six is right......

............in the long run, if you wanted to buy the firewire, you'll save more if you we're to buy two PCI cards, but other than that, just go for the PCI card, as i two have been told not to buy the firewire(as it creates problems for another software) ..

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
the only reason for me to get the firewire would be for remote processing...but I figure I'll only do remote recording and save all the processing for the studio.

Cheap Powercores = fun fun fun till her daddy took the G4 away.