1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Tbq 2010

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by alexd, Jul 26, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for coming! That was an absolutely amazing TRIBE BBQ and the largest one ever. Weather was flawless, the meat was humongous, and the tunes were sweet. Thanks to Tobywan and The Watcher and Sara G for the invaluable setup and driving assistance. Thanks to all the DJs who played.

The audio setup by moog audio (thanks moog!) was perfect: clean, bassy, ideal for the picnic site, and the DJs totally loved the new CDJ 2000's

I will post some pics later this evening.

Wow. I am so pleased and so grateful for TRIBE. It is such a wonderful community.

2. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

next time someone tells me they are gonna set up serato in the middle of a gig during a set im supposed to spin im gonna stab them in the face with a soldering iron

it never works out as planned and simply screws up the tables

either way, fun times were had

3. junglisthead

junglisthead TRIBE Member

pretty sure it was you guys causing the noise i could hear from centreville ! lol

4. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

That was the best TBQ yet! A ton of cool, good looking people. I had fun playin some tunes. We really wanted to stay longer but our kids were done and we had to split right after the photo.

Thanks Alex!

5. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

very sorry to have missed this, but stupid work had me in montreal until late sunday.

i just saw y'all on the CBC National clip regarding the love parade deaths. looking good, tribe!!!

6. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

an amazing time yet again and a perfect day!

seeing Toby on CBC The National listed as DJ Mat Lunnen was pretty sweet...lol

7. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

So much fun! Wish we could've stayed a little longer. It was such a great day. Ended up rushing out as Robb G set began - kids kind of dictate that.

Loved this years spot. Lots and lots of shade. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. I didn't have an opportunity to introduce myself, but whoever played with Grace for hours and hours, thanks a ton. She sure was tuckered out.

Thanks D!! :)

8. ghaleon

ghaleon TRIBE Member

thanks to all who organized this!!! Everyone I brought had a great time. Perfect weather, sound was nice and crisp, and the food!! Lots of sharing recources and smiling faces.

The dukes killed it!!! Great disco influenced set from Robb g, although hearing some oldschool breaks would have truly made it a perfect day

9. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I had so much fun, stellar people, amazingly perfect music, sunshine all day long with a breeze to keep us cool. Real sense of community and good spirit throughout the day and everyone was super sexy.

Can't wait til next year :)

Pics to follow when I get home 2nite.

10. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

wasn't able to make it this year because I was at the cottage all weekend, I hope it was as good as last year when I went! Any mega burgers or bacon explosions? Pictures of said meat dishes please!

11. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

I showed up late because of another DJ gig that day. Never been to Hanlan's before......what a gorgeous place. Got there to hear The Dukes kick ass. Awesome.

I was excited to play.....since it has been Tribe's influence that inspired me to DJ in the first place.

Lots of fun.....thank you Alexd to a great day.

Stay classy, Tribe!

12. mmm

mmm TRIBE Member

I don't think it could have been more perfect. I especially loved the random people who happened to stumble upon the tbq, and stayed to dance or chill and listen to the music. That was another awesome indication of what a great bunch of people were there and the fun and welcoming vibe being projected.

Thanks again, Alex D for being such a great host. Thanks to the fellas dropping the killer tunes. Thanks to everyone for sharing in such a beautiful day!

13. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

I am a vinyl only DJ who would like one day to go Serato. But last gig I had involved the host showing up late, and needing to set up TWO for himself and his buddy he was going back to back with. That ate into my set by 30 mins.

1 week later, playing at a friend's house party, 45 mins of screwing around with it ended up with me tearing an RCA out of its connector in the "try alternating the cables" trick.

Wierdly - it did the trick, but had to place the cable "just so" in order to get any sound... Now im getting some soldering equipment so I can make the repair myself.

needless to say, I am a little skeptical of the ease of use of Serato - and will be waiting a while yet before I take the plunge..;)

14. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

From start to finish the music was bang on, what a soundtrack. Was especially fond of the reggae interlude, thanks again ghaleon ;)

It a poor state today, but was well worth it...can't wait for next year.

15. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

I had a blast, fun day! Robb G was totally fun.......not really feelin' every track, boy that guy throws his all into it everytime he plays....i more enjoy watching him play then what he actually plays....my fam totally had a blast as well. That Serato setup caused me some problems during my set as well......unplugged the live deck twice. Ah well....not a big deal at all.....set up for that shit is a nightmare though.....i know it all too well...

16. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

if it is set up from the get go and that is all you use it is alright, just trying to introduce it after the fact usually is a shit show

had a blast despite that ;)

17. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Great time at the TBQ, so many smiling faces. It's fun to see so many people with kids. We're old! Thanks for having us out Alex. Looking forward to the pics.

18. 2blu_

2blu_ TRIBE Member

tryin to kick it in work boots kinda sucked, spent the rest of the day in socks and my feet are STILL SORE!

great seeing a few ppl i havent seen in forever, thanks for the drinks!
    and THAT HONEY ROAST PORK (whatever that was) was TO DIE FOR!!!!
    that was a great event.

thank you tribe(rs) for keeping the site clean. best start to the work week, ever!

i sincerely wish more events were to happen on T.O. island.
    the place is so under rated, its quite sad

19. alexd

What a beautiful place to work!

That was my special triple smoked bacon, glazed with maple syrup!

20. alexd

21. 2blu_

2blu_ TRIBE Member

edited for truth.

GREAT PICTURE!.. my head looks HUGE! :cool:

22. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

What a beautiful TBQ! Perfect weather, lovely beats, yummy food and wonderful people. The site was sunny, breezy with sosoft grass and non-stop delicious smells from the 'que.

Thanks Alex, Toby, Nick and everyone else who helped organize this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How many djs does it take to fix things?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  23. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grilling the pineapple.
    [​IMG]

Par -T's grilled pineapple skewers (marinated in vodka, rum, cointreau, melon liqour) dusted with shaved chocolate.
    [​IMG]

Alex's bacon slab. Triple smoked and glazed in maple syrup.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out that colour!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  24. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

The kiddies!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

I had a great time. I would have liked to stay longer and had more beer but the little guy isn't down with that. Great music, especially Robb G. Perfect tunes for the day. I'll be there next year.

I'm hiding in the back of this photo Where's Waldo style wearing the blue shirt.
    [​IMG]