• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

tax refund splurging

labRat

TRIBE Member
well after finding out that i'm getting a nice chunk o' change back from my income taxes i decided to go out and buy for myself an iPod. although most of that refund is going straight into my mortgage :(
specstop10232001.jpg

say what you will about apple, but this thing is sweet. 5GB worth of storage and firewire connection that downloads and charges at the same time.

i just put on 2.8GB worth of music and it took a grand total of about three minutes. out of the box, plug into my 'puter and away i went. no software to install, no drivers to haggle around with. nothing but simplicity.

anyone else planning on dumping some of their refunds to the retail market?

--craig

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
New roof for car
Sandblasting and paint job
new rims
new rubber

maybe new front suspension
maybe new exhaust

My tax refund is already spent.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
hopefully, if score enough bling bling on the tax return I think I'm gonna drop it on some of this action:

accessvirus1.jpg

;)

@m.

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mcbee

Hey, me too!!!
weird
maybe i'll see ya there;)

:)sarah

make that 3...weird shit? when are the rest of you going? i/we are goin 18-20 flyin outa buffalo

z0-

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swenard
Shawn<-------owes $3500
ouch! how does that happen? did you not pay throughout the year?

i also got to play with the new iMac, and it's a very slick little machine. so tempting .... soooooo tempting.

--craig

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Well ...

I will probably be putting most of my refund up my nose. ;)

Seriously though ... it's easy to OWE money if you earned a significant amount of non-employment or self-employment income, since taxes are not automatically deducted at the source. Especially back in those days when people were actually *making* money in the stock market. Heheh.

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *labRat*

ouch! how does that happen? did you not pay throughout the year?

i also got to play with the new iMac, and it's a very slick little machine. so tempting .... soooooo tempting.

--craig

Capitol gains!!!!!!

bought low - sold high

LiLy

TRIBE Member
i owe 23 dollars

hmmm but i payed about 9600 in tax!!!!!!!!!!
and they still want 23 dollars'?

stoopid government

adam

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by g0nz0

make that 3...weird shit? when are the rest of you going? i/we are goin 18-20 flyin outa buffalo

z0-

we hadn't decided yet.
is that the may long weekend, the 18th to the 20th?

hope much is your flight outta buffalo?

inquiring minds wanna know:D

:)sarah<---LOVES NYC

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swenard
Capitol gains!!!!!!

bought low - sold high
well then, i hope you're not complaining. obviously you've made a good chunk if you owe that. just be glad they've dropped the capital gains level to 50%

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mcbee

we hadn't decided yet.
is that the may long weekend, the 18th to the 20th?

hope much is your flight outta buffalo?

inquiring minds wanna know:D

:)sarah<---LOVES NYC

yes that is the long weekend. right now the flights are at 182$CDN outta buffalo. and that is with expedia.ca

cheers,

z0- <<< happy to help

lucky1

TRIBE Member
^^^ oops! Sorry about the caps, i didn't mean to yell. I work with three databases all off which require caps to be on.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
My mom just told me last night that she wants to buy me one of the new Macs with the flat screen and the swivelling neck. I showed her the price and she was like, "wow, that's not expensive." Should I be spoiled and accept her offer? She did get a good refund, I think...

Mine's gotta be considerable considering I'm a full-time student working part-time. If it is, I'm putting it to my "apartment in New York" fund for next January.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
My mom just told me last night that she wants to buy me one of the new Macs with the flat screen and the swivelling neck. I showed her the price and she was like, "wow, that's not expensive." Should I be spoiled and accept her offer? She did get a good refund, I think...
dood! do it. have you tried one out? go to a mac store and give 'er a spin, you'll like it. the ones out now are 800MHz with DVD-RW/CD-RW drive ... and the screen is really nice to boot.

--craig

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
I'm buying a house. Well I'm using the money as a downpayment for a house. I'm going to rent it out and let someone else pay the mortgage until I'm ready to live their alone.

jeremy -the landlord- jive