• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tattoo removal (laser)

Anyone had a tattoo removed recently that could provide some personal insight?

Specifically:

how many sessions did you have to go for?
were there immediate results - i.e. after the first session, how much fading was there?
what colours disappeared first?
did any colours take a long time to fade or not disappear at all?
how large was the tattoo?
what clinic did you go to?
what were the price of the sessions?

Thanks.

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
bad bad bad idea.
my friend had this done...now it looks like she branded her tats on instead...

she sued, and won some money, but she's fucked for life now...

tella

TRIBE Member
a girl that i used to work with also got it done (she had to go about 3 times) and you can still see the tatt..only it looks HORRIBLE. she has a barbed wire on her arm (a la pam anderson) and her tatt was all black, no other colours. i'm assuming she went somewhere in brampton but i'm really not sure. i would ask her for you but she just quit recently.

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
val; a friend of mine is getting tattoos on his neck removed, and after 2 or 3 sessions they're coming off quite well. remind me tomorrow; I'll get the contact info for you if you want :)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
Yes pete, that would be awesome!

I need to get rid of it STAT.

Tella, I wonder if it's because she didn't go to more sessions.
Do you mean it looked awful because you could still see it (the colour) or because it was a scar in the pattern of her tattoo?

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
If possible, I'd reccomend going to an artist and see what you can do to maybe cover it up, I've heard alot of laser tatto removal horror stories.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
You really shouldn't have tattooed my name across your breasts to begin with. I thought we both knew it was a one time thing.

tella

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate

Tella, I wonder if it's because she didn't go to more sessions.
Do you mean it looked awful because you could still see it (the colour) or because it was a scar in the pattern of her tattoo?
both. basically it looked like she was burned. my aunt was burned in a house fire on her chest and her scars were just like that, only there was a tattoo underneath it all. not very pretty at all.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I know someone that had one removed and it worked out quite well.... just kinda slowly faded away over a few months. no scaring.... nothing....

tella

TRIBE Member
i'm sure that this girl had something freak-ish happen to her because i don't see why anyone would willingly pay for someone to do that to them.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
people use the same method to have scars removed as well... so if someone is ending up with major scaring from getting a tattoo removed then they're definitly going to the wrong place.

Thanks - I had Dr. Middleton's name in addition to www.medikkalclinic.com (or something along those lines). There's another one in Yorkville that sounded good too.

I need someone who uses both a Q-Switched Nd:YAG-Invisible and a Q-Switched Ruby and/or Alexandrite laser since I have a tattoo that has light blue/green/red and black. I think that finding someone who owns both types of lasers might be more difficult to find.

Of course, light blue and green (a good portion of my tattoo) are the most difficult to remove. I'd actually consider the CO2 laser and take scarring over the colour at this point in time.

EV - who did your friend's removal?

fear_of_fours

TRIBE Member
DON'T GET RID OF THE DOUCHE TATTOO THAT WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE

:(

I SOOO WANT TO SEE A PHOTO OF THIS TATTOO

WHY DO YOU NEED IT GONE SO QUICK?

WHERE IS IT?

HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU GOT IT

I HAVE SOME UGLY INK ON MY BACK TOO BUT IT'S COOL BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO SEE IT VERY OFTEN SINCE IT'S BEHIND ME.

ha!

It's a tattoo of my family crest and it's in front of me so I have to see it every day. Several times even since it's on my hip.

No pics - but to give you an idea, my initials are in the centre, surrounded by a specially folded ribbon/sash thingy, a flag and some ivy. There are some latin words along the bottom vestra semper douchetasticus, which translate loosely into yours forever, vinegar and water.

I had the black stuff done when I was 19 but got a severe allergic reaction to it, and so didn't get the colour done until about 2 years after that.

I want it gone because it says nothing about me other than I got it for meaningless reasons. Although it has nothing written on it about my ex bf, I associate it completely with him and when I look at the tattoo, I think of him, and that makes me want to hurl. Had some shit go down recently with him and this has put the pressure on me to have it removed.

The thing I'm finding particularly delicious is that it cost me $35 (what a deal!) to get done and it looks like it's going to cost $1500 to get removed.

Now that's some good ironing.

What's your ugly ink?

Is it a kermit the frog holdilng up a mug of beer?
(I saw a girl with that once and remembered thinking like whoa)

seeker

TRIBE Member
I understand that you no longer want your tattoo, but for me, if it meant spending another $1500, I'd be getting some ink with a cover-up job for this current one. Personal preference, though.

Right now my only tattoo is on the outside of my right shoulder. It's a blue and black piece, with Chinese characters for the word 'silence' (I'm sure that someone will have something good to say about that, so just post your thoughts here ).

I don't have any immediate plans to get more, but if I had the money and a solid idea, I'd be in the chair tomorrow.

fear_of_fours

TRIBE Member
it's just a flower

it really isn't that hideous it's not like, off the wall or a big rose or anything... it's not big and gaudy. it's a small line drawing.
pretty tame since i got it when i was 15.

but really if i could do it again i would get something larger .. like one large sexy piece on my back.

but the flower there would throw it all off. so i'll just leave it there.

I HOPE YOU DONT GET A CRAZY BOTCHED REMOVAL MY FAVORITE DOUCHE BAG :eek: ;) :(