• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tascam x9 A&H Xone32 A&HXone64 Pioneer DJM500

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
My only opinion is that if you decide to go the DJM route, pick the 600 over the 500. It's more expensive, and at first glance looks to be just about idenetical, thus not warranting the price increase. But once you use it, you'll notice that they have improved the 600 significantly over the 500.

Cheers ... Ian
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soundstream:
My only opinion is that if you decide to go the DJM route, pick the 600 over the 500. It's more expensive, and at first glance looks to be just about idenetical, thus not warranting the price increase. But once you use it, you'll notice that they have improved the 600 significantly over the 500.

Cheers ... Ian
</font>
WHATEVER LATEST & GREATEST TECH WHORE!
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
aside from the effects option i heard there wasn't much more of a difference between the 5&600, what else makes it better?

Kyfe
 

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soundstream:
He's not allowed to. It's his roommates.


Cheers ... Ian
</font>
Exactly, meaning I didn't pay for it, but I use it all the time.
Same with the CDJ100's if I ever wanna spin on CDs.
But I love my own m3d's a lot better.

Hmmm Vinyl!
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyfe:
aside from the effects option i heard there wasn't much more of a difference between the 5&600, what else makes it better?
</font>
Well to me, the number 1 improvement is in the sound quality. Depends on your setup at home, but I really noticed the difference. I'd borrowed a friend's 500 to give it a try and when I ended up buying the 600, I was so glad I did simply because of the improved sound.

To be honest, I really only wanted the 500 ... and so I went to buy it, but it was out of stock. But they had a 600 ... and well, the idea of instant gratification got the better of me (as usual) and so I didn't want to go home empty handed.

When I walked out the store, I felt like I had just wasted an extra $600 or so, but once I got home, I saw (or at least heard) what the extra money had bought me.

Cheers ... Ian
 

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Technic SL-1200MK 3D


I usually call them M3Ds...
Since my old ones were MK2's and I don't like saying MK3's


pr0nstar
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pr0nstar:
Since my old ones were MK2's and I don't like saying MK3's
</font>
I am trying really hard to convince myself that I do not need to upgrade to the M3Ds. Honestly, it won't make a lick of difference, but it's hard living with myself knowing I don't own the most up to date model.


Although if I ever find a pair of those black/gold limited edition M3Ds for sale, I will be all over those in a second. I saw them once on E-Bay about a year and a half ago, but haven't seen them since.

Cheers ... Ian
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

coleridge

TRIBE Member
The Pioneer 500 has average sound quality, the 600 is slightly better. For the price you're better off getting the Allen&Heath or the Rane Mp44 ... WAY better. Pioneer sounds like mud compared to these.

I haven't even seen a review yet of the Tascam mixer.

Also watch out for the new Vestax PMC-35 I think.
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Do you guys know of anywhere that rents these I think try b4 buy would be the best way to deal with my dilemmma

Kyfe
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by coleridge:
For the price you're better off getting the Allen&Heath or the Rane Mp44 ... WAY better. Pioneer sounds like mud compared to these.
</font>
But those don't have the cool button than makes the sound all funny when you press it.

Cheers ... Ian
 

beaker

TRIBE Member
i'd also reccommend the allan & heath for pure quality. plus it's got filters on it. you can probably almost afford an allan & heath and a separate efx unit for the price you'd pay for the djm 600.
 

ethnik

TRIBE Member
respect

go for an a&h test drive bro, trust me on this one...i own the zone 64 after having had a pioneer, and let me just say that the a&h blows the 500 out of the water completely...from the industrial construction, to the AWESOME 4 channel eq, to the dual VCF filter, i could go on and on. this was the best purchase i ever made. and i had my 500 for 2 years and loved it, but no more! garbage in comparison, my only question is why is it freakin standard in every club? it's also cheaper than the 600, so you could use the extra cash for nay number of goodies....

peace
mike
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Vise

TRIBE Member
Allen & Heath!! And nothing else (except maybe a Rane) in that price range.

The Pioneer is overpriced for the quality but for some reason everyone thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread... go figure.

I believe Long and McQuade either stocks or can order Allen & Heath, check them out.
 

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
Allen & Heath! X:ONE 64! This mixer is ROCK solid and smooth as a baby's bum. Ballanced XLR mains, 6 channels, VCF filters (which are similar to the LFO filters on the Roland mixers) and, AND a 4 band EQ (high, high-mid, low-mid, low) -&gt; perfect for beefing up the sound on some records... of course if you spin progressive, then chances are it sounds pretty fuckin good already!


Peace & love. D
 

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by coleridge:
The Pioneer 500 has average sound quality, the 600 is slightly better. For the price you're better off getting the Allen&Heath or the Rane Mp44 ... WAY better. Pioneer sounds like mud compared to these.

I haven't even seen a review yet of the Tascam mixer.

Also watch out for the new Vestax PMC-35 I think.
</font>
...yeah the PMC 37...wicked board!!!!
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Thanks for all the feedback, I haven't check prices yet and i thought the A&H would be the most expensive, since it's not i think thats what i'll grab. Whats the price range on the xone64? i've seen american but not canadian my guess is around 1200?

Kyfe
 

Platti Jay

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyfe:
Thanks for all the feedback, I haven't check prices yet and i thought the A&H would be the most expensive, since it's not i think thats what i'll grab. Whats the price range on the xone64? i've seen american but not canadian my guess is around 1200?

Kyfe
</font>
A bit more then that. It's $1954 (Tax Included) at Dj Depot in Brampton. I can't wait till next month until I this puppy.

Platti J
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
Top