• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Taotek wha !?

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
Oh man...this new Mauro Picotto track on Alchemy (004) is fucking blow your mind sick !! The 2 racks on the other side are good too but this Taotek track is mind numbing.... i plan on droppping this one in every set for the next 3 years...lol

anyone else heard this yet ?? if you like hard you neeed his track!!

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
if i'm correct..Alchemy003 still isn't out so i dunno when 004 will be shipped... we got some by accident at 2thebeat but they were gone in seconds...

erk

TRIBE Member
Taotek sounds nothing like a Jeff Mills track. It does seem to build into something different though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

erk

TRIBE Member
The bit I listened to on the net was pure Purpose Maker Mills. It then turned into something else. Small snippet. I'd maybe need to hear the whole thing.

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
yes. i thik you should do that...

but i also think i know what part you are talking about sounding like mills.... good call on that..... but it does get more interesting later on.

Skeletor

TRIBE Member
i finally downloaded that track.. WOW.

has anyone noticed that muro's style is a lot like the japanese techno style??

zoo

TRIBE Member
haha

i don't see what's so special about this taotek track, sounds like every other picotto release ;)

but all techno sounds the same to me ...

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
^^really !?^^^

I thought alchemy01 stank !!

i haven't liked any of the releases after The Alchemist EP until this one.... Alchemy04 is where it's AT !!

Stoopid

TRIBE Member
no way dude =)

less king kong techno, more groovin' techno in my opinion.

The alchemist EP was off primate right? (aka new time new place?)

Brad.

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
^^yup^^

personally i thought ALL the other tracks were better then "New Time New Place"

Alchemy02 is pretty good..i like that one...

Stoopid

TRIBE Member
at first i wasn't feeling new time new place, but it grew on me, i dunno. i'm a big fan of it.

Some of the other tracks on that LP are too driving, NTNP is a nice balance.

Brad.

PS. yeah i like 02, too bad i didn't snag it with my last mail order. Guess i'll have to wait.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i usually wont even touch a MP record if its in the bin,i get someone to come and flip it for me,but since it seems to come so highly recomended i gave it a listen yesterday.this record sucks ass,sorry its loud noise with bad breakdowns and trance basslines.NOT TECHNO!

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by OhNo!
i usually wont even touch a MP record if its in the bin,i get someone to come and flip it for me,but since it seems to come so highly recomended i gave it a listen yesterday.this record sucks ass,sorry its loud noise with bad breakdowns and trance basslines.NOT TECHNO!

did you like the b-sides ???

i figured it would get that sorta reaction from teh usual techno snobs but if you like HARD techno..this one is a banger...

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
ya i liked super hard techno in 98,just sounds really dated to me and something id here at a destiny party,sorry.

anx

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djUnabomber
^^yup^^

personally i thought ALL the other tracks were better then "New Time New Place"

Alchemy02 is pretty good..i like that one...

i get all queezy everytime i hear that crappy videogame track. fuck now its stuck in my head again. damn.

the other 3 on that pack are damn tough thats fer sure.