• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tanning

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
As my vacation is soon approaching I have decided to grab a few tanning sessions before hitting the beach. I am the type that burns so its been suggested that I tan a few times first.
I have googled places in Toronto and I have called these places. Unfortunatly as I am new to tanning I am very confused. These ladies were talking about california tanning, stand up tanning, lay down tanning and all sorts of tanning babble.

So I have turn to tribe. Anyone know of any good tanning places in the downtown area?
Whats the difference between stand up and lay down?

Any help would be great!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Fillmore said:
As my vacation is soon approaching I have decided to grab a few tanning sessions before hitting the beach. I am the type that burns so its been suggested that I tan a few times first.
I have googled places in Toronto and I have called these places. Unfortunatly as I am new to tanning I am very confused. These ladies were talking about california tanning, stand up tanning, lay down tanning and all sorts of tanning babble.

So I have turn to tribe. Anyone know of any good tanning places in the downtown area?

Any help would be great!

Ha ha. You're on the wrong board. Tribers don't go tanning. They're better than people who tan.

I like the standup ones the best as you don't get pools of sweat under you which can cause my back to breakout (or at least I think thats what it was from) and you also don't get these two white spots on your back that you can get from the lie down beds. The spots are cause your shoulder blades don't allow the rays to hit a certain part on your back.

But everyone has their own preference which is why they have so many options.

Just like any store places in lower traffic areas are cheaper.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Stand up tanning is suppose to give you a more even tan b/c your sides are being covered by the uv bulbs. Whereas lay down your sides aren't exposed. Stand up is usually more expensive and more powerful.

As someone who doesn't tan very well either, I also burn, I suggest only going for 7-10 minutes in a lay down.

Also, buy a cream that helps with excelleration and moisture.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
yeah I get it everyone.

This is my very first vacation to anywhere sunny and warm. I am doing whatever it takes to make the most of this vacation. This includes not having to sit in my resort with a sunburn.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Don't listen to all these people. It's not going to kill you to go to a tanning bed a few times.

Where downtown are you? There's one at Queen and Dovercourt called Suntastic Bodies that's pretty good and not that expensive.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
Where downtown are you? There's one at Queen and Dovercourt called Suntastic Bodies that's pretty good and not that expensive.

Beauty, I am at dovercourt and bloor. :D

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I'm going tanning currently cuz I have vacation soon (6 Days!) and also didnt want to burn to a crisp

I go to one on yonge just south of bloor by the mcdonalds

I start by going 8 minutes for the first two times and then 15 minutes after that...

oh and get a lotion...they help maintain it - also wear eye protection

tannin it up today at lunch!

happy tanning filly!!!

Fillmore said:
yeah I get it everyone.

This is my very first vacation to anywhere sunny and warm. I am doing whatever it takes to make the most of this vacation. This includes not having to sit in my resort with a sunburn.

Jeff - Midnight sun @ yonge/davisville. Ask for their stand up, start with 6 minutes (you'll fry your ass if you try 8). Do one session then wait two days, do another at 6 then then try 8 two days later. Another 8 and you'll be brown as shit.

Bean

TRIBE Member
Fillmore said:

Any help would be great!

don't do it!

i'm incredibly fair. i've been some tropical trips (lying on the beach all day), and not once did i return home with a sunburn. SPF 30 really does work - just be conscious of re-applying it and you'll be fine.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I find only small women can use the lay down beds and come out without the underarm white patches, so I recommend going to a stand up. They tend to be pretty powerful so you don't have to stand too long.

Buy a medium priced tanning lotion, and moisturize before bed or after your morning shower DAILY. Tanning can and will totally dry out your skin.

Do men go tanning with their wang hanging out? I've always wondered this. All of our really sensitive bits are inside, and nips don't burn too easily I've found.

I try to stay away from tanning salons now - when I start going, I find it hard to stop...the lovely glow plus the benefits of light exposure make me forget how bad it is for you.

Kinger

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
I'm going tanning currently cuz I have vacation soon (6 Days!) and also didnt want to burn to a crisp

I go to one on yonge just south of bloor by the mcdonalds

I start by going 8 minutes for the first two times and then 15 minutes after that...

oh and get a lotion...they help maintain it - also wear eye protection

tannin it up today at lunch!

happy tanning filly!!!

I go there too as it's right below the all girls gym and 30seconds from the Rail.

Opening a tanning salon near the peelers is a license to print money and a surefire way to get Kinger's business.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
I go there too as it's right below the all girls gym and 30seconds from the Rail.

Opening a tanning salon near the peelers is a license to print money and a surefire way to get Kinger's business.

hahahahaha nice.

Thanks for all the great advice guys. :D

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Bel-air tan in yorkville is a good spot it's where I used to go when I lived downtown

there is a place around FLY that should be mentioned, I've never gone there but I've always heard good things, sorry I don't recall the name.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Bean said:
don't do it!

i'm incredibly fair. i've been some tropical trips (lying on the beach all day), and not once did i return home with a sunburn. SPF 30 really does work - just be conscious of re-applying it and you'll be fine.

Either way, someone who is fair skinned should be wearing sunscreen/block, well, even if you're not fair you should.

When I go on vacation to somewhere tropical, I always wear sunblock and I also always leave with really nice colour (well, nice colour for me) and I never burn.

dyad

TRIBE Member
Fillmore said:
yeah I get it everyone.

my only recommendation is to be careful. I come from a long line of palefaces and my cousin went under the lights for the same reason and the tanning bed gave her a sunburn. let me tell you she was mucho impressed right before her honeymoon.

do people wear sunscreen when tanning? my skin is so fair I get pink on an overcast winter day.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
Do men go tanning with their wang hanging out? I've always wondered this. All of our really sensitive bits are inside, and nips don't burn too easily I've found.

I'm sure some do, but I will never go tanning with my wang out. Why would someone wanna risk burning and itching on their wang without the enjoyment of at least getting laid. :p