• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Taking over someone's car lease

lobo

TRIBE Member
I'm thinking of taking over someone's car lease and was wondering if there are any downsides to doing this? So far it seems like a win/win situation on my side as I get a fairly new car, low payments, owner is willing to pay lease transfer costs and I don't have to dish out a big deposit.

Thoughts?

Lobo

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

TheRunningBoard

TRIBE Member
There are really no downsides.

Most people are dumping leases because they cannot affoard the lease anymore, and are willing to dump the car usually along with a cash bonus.

You are taking advantage of someone elses fuck up usually. That being said, some times people just want a new car..then the deal is not so sweet.

I had to dump a lease after a huge speeding ticket, and the guy got a crazy deal. You can probably work them to the bone as they are desperate, ask for a higher cash bonus..you'll probably get it.

Just be careful of everything that comes along with a lease thought..going over KMs, damage to the car when you return it etc. but that applies to any lease, new or take over.