• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

taken to the cleaners

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
k i need some advice, i think ihave been taken to the cleaners

i went in last week to get 2 pairs of pants taken under.. they said they had to be cleaned- even tough they were new/was a few cat hairs on them but whateva- they said they would be ready on friday... so i go in on friday and i am ready to pay... the lady is showing me how the pants have been taken under - and low and behold they had not been taken under at all - i point it out and they measure it - oops sorry they say - so they let me take home the pair they got right i did not pay and they said the other pair would be ready on saturday - so i go in on saturday 1 1/2 beofre they close and they tell me they will be in in an hour.... since the place is a bit of a walk and the whather is shit i figure i will pick them up on monday
I go in today and they act all cold to me and say they had to get them cleaned again i was like wtf i thoguht you cleaned them already? they said yes but they had to clean them again and they have to charge me again and the pants wont be out of the cleaners for another 2 days - i told them i did not want them cleaned again and i thought they were being dishonest with me and i wasnot going to pay for the 2nd cleaning and a should get a discount because i was told they would be ready on 3 different dates having to go out of my way...

Then the guy starts telling me why should not get a discount... al this bs... iget so mad i tell him to go fuk himslef, then he says to me fuk you, you little bitch and i exit the store...

So my bill to get my pants put of the cleaners is close to 40 bux more then i payed for the damn pants...

what should i do, should i go back? is it worth it to get the pants?

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i would tell them they are getiing ten buck and demand my pants

but i would have teken my pants with me the first time they did not meet an obligation

if i pay for a service i expect it done, and nothing personal but i will just take my business elsewhere

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
So my bill to get my pants put of the cleaners is close to 40 bux more then i payed for the damn pants...
2 dry cleanings + a hem job = Cost of Pants + $40

Are you sure you have the numbers right?

Cheers ... Ian :)

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
On a side note, my roommate just got a pair of pants back from the cleaners that he had hemmed and tried them on this morning. The two legs are different lengths. Even more proof as to why you shouldn't trust a dry cleaner to do garment alterations.

Cheers ... Ian :)

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
i actually did not pay anthing for the pants, i had a gift certificate that i bought them with - even if i did not the pants were on sale for 10bux

and yeas the guy wants to charge me 40bux for getting 2 pairs hemmed and 2 washes which i did not request

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i actually did not pay anthing for the pants, i had a gift certificate that i bought them with - even if i did not the pants were on sale for 10bux

and yeas the guy wants to charge me 40bux for getting 2 pairs hemmed and 2 washes which i did not request
i'm really good at this kind of stuff

i would love to walk in there with you and let that dry cleaner have it

they try to push people around but you can't let them

be firm....like mofo in a grade 12 boys gym class locker room

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
iS the same person always working there ?
is there someone else there another day you can go in and see?
did you ask for the owner or manager or anything?

Go in Guns Blazing and demand your pants, chuck what money you feel you owe at them, and then run like hell!!

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
yeah its always the same mofo in there.. and he always acts so rude to me.
i am pretty sure he is the owner

but yeah i think i am going to go in there with my b/f he is big and i have a big mouth.. hopefully together we can get my pants back.... i need them... my hips have grown and most of my size 2's dont fit me as well anymore - fuken size 4 ahhh!;)

quantumize

TRIBE Member
yeah its always the same mofo in there.. and he always acts so rude to me.
i am pretty sure he is the owner

but yeah i think i am going to go in there with my b/f he is big and i have a big mouth.. hopefully together we can get my pants back.... i need them... my hips have grown and most of my size 2's dont fit me as well anymore - fuken size 4 ahhh!;)
and don't be nice

guns blazin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
and don't fall for the "we have to wash them" thing ... i brought pants in to be hemmed tons of times and never did they say they "had" to wash them. I got two pair back last week and they hemmed them and didn't even press them - yeesh. I didn't ask for it so I wasn't too fussed, but at least they didn't do stuff (like send them to the cleaners) without my say so!

your dry cleaner is in the wrong on this one. tell 'em you'll post the name of the store on message boards as a store that treats their customers badly unless they do the right thing. :)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
small claims court!!!!!

First collect every bill reciept and everything else you can get. Write down the dates and times that you went to the store. Write down the names of the people you spoke with, when and what was said.

Once when you have it all on paper you can do something. If you don't have paper and you don't have paper trail all you have left is good hearts and yelling and screaming.

Now go into the place and tell them you need to speak to a manager. Explain that either the pants are given back and all cleaning costs covered by them imidiatelyor you are going to court. They didn't live up to there agreement.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

catilyst

TRIBE Member
I've had fairly similiar experiences. Make sure before any arguing happens they bring the clothes out. Within arm reach is preferable. I've actually grabbed my clothes and told them I wasn't paying the extra costs and walked towards the door. Because I knew I was right when they started screaming I said something like "um yeah sure call the police. I'm pretty sure when I explain to them how you did unauthorized cleaning/alterations they'll take my side." They didn't call.