• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

take this pole

What do you think of the new board interface?

• better than the old one

Votes: 76 43.4%
  • worse than the old one

Votes: 43 24.6%
  • neither better or worse

Votes: 56 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
i like the new board in workaholic mode better than the old board.
i like the old board better than the default skin of the new board.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
-the thread text preview feature is good
-enjoy the bolded thread = new post since last viewed
-quick reply option with easier to do "text treatments" is awesome
-workaholic feels like home

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I dislike the workaholic colour scheme...personally I don't find this one even a little hard to look at.

the old colour scheme may have have been ever so slightly easier on the eyes over time, but not by much.

with regards to features, this software is vastly superior.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nawberry

TRIBE Member
I like it, but just like with sports, could we occasionally have throwback days during which the old interface is used and hotdogs are a quarter?

derek

TRIBE Member
i'm not sure i like the sponsored links right under the first post, however, i'm familiar with commerce and understand.

CiG

TRIBE Member
Why is the new software so insecure... ? Don't worry people will like you once they get to know you...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

peko

TRIBE Member
I like the new board, it's faster and easier* to post. I prefer workaholic, hybrid mode, but I mean talk about 'user options' galore. I like the change.

*quick reply ROCKS!

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
my only suggestion is take away all the lines in between the thread listings...makes the page look like a notebook. or maybe make the lines softer.

deep

TRIBE Member
I like the workaholic scheme and am alright with it looking more modern and different than previous versions of the board. I think there is still some room to strip it down, such as making buttons more low profile, reducing the thickness of the bars between posts, eliminating the icons under user names. But as it stands right now, using it in a resized (smaller) window is very inconspicuous - I think the white and light gray colour scheme has a lot to do with this.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I like the usability features, like simple posting without hitting REPLY, simple editting. I did notice that people no longer have a homepage link on their profile though.

As per style, I'm using workaholic. The dulled out colours are good for the 9-5er's, but if I had to choose I like the old style better.

mingster

TRIBE Member
i think it's ok.

a couple things i don't like are:
-the author of the thread is right underneath the thread title. it looks cool and different, but it's an adjustment when you're browsing through. can't do it like i used to.
-there doesn't seem to be a way to go to the last reply. i have to hit last page and then scroll down?

vinder

TRIBE Member
mingster said:
i think it's ok.

a couple things i don't like are:
-the author of the thread is right underneath the thread title. it looks cool and different, but it's an adjustment when you're browsing through. can't do it like i used to.
-there doesn't seem to be a way to go to the last reply. i have to hit last page and then scroll down?
hit the checkmark button next to the thread name

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
the only thing i don't like is the jazzed up graphic buttons. they're a little too much. i liked the old simple clean ones. everything else is awesome though. the extended search, the quick reply, the PM box size indicator. so cool.

:)