• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Take this, Dalton!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
This is so cool!

I just got a message on my answering machine inviting me to attend a pre budget discussion group for the Ontario government this Saturday!

They want to know the opinion of the citizens of Toronto about how we think money should be spent in the next provincial budget. I know that sounds like a dry way to spend a Saturday, but I'm actually really excited. I was just going off about a million things on Friday night, and explaining that I thought I was too small to make a difference. I guess my friend's house was bugged or something...

Anyway, anyone have anything they want me to convey to the government as your carrier pigeon? let your thought and opinions run free!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Does no one have any opinions on this?

TTC? Harbourfront revitalization project? Cleaning up the gardner expressway? Traffic Congestion? Affordable housing? The Homeless???

You people DO live here, don't you?

:(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
and fund the goddamn TTC!!!!!

and we want our share of the gas tax!!!!

and get rid of that pesky bill that doesn't let the city raise certain taxes!!!!!!

and build affordable housing!!!!!!

I wish I could go. :(

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
when is he gonna sell the rights to his name to a major US soap opera...

"damn you Dalton mcginty!"...it just fits so well with those names:D

oh yeah...help out the transit budget situation

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Tell them to put the money back into our Education system and community recreation centres. Hell just tell them to reinvest in our inner city.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
try to cut down on using public funding to finance your sunday links sessions...I really don't like the idea of paying for dalton's goofy golf "dorf" outfits

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
Does no one have any opinions on this?

No, none of us do. The politics forum is just there for show. :p

I was at a few of the municipal ones representing TCAN, discussing the city budget. It was fun but I didn't feel like it would really do much. The City's hands are tied by the provinces. To a slightly lesser extent, the same goes with the Provinces in regards to the Feds.

I guess what I would say is that don't put all your eggs in the basket they give you on Saturday. Let this be the beginning of activity, Jess, not just the feel good annual donation of effort. :)

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
- definitely to increase funding for public transit, pleeeease!

- harbourfront sorely needs some cultural development, not another fucking condo, s'il vous plait (and more parkspace!!)

....and yeah, eventually they're going to have do something about the gardiner, but i don't think they're ready to bury it yet. Toronto will be a different city without that bloody eyesore!

starr

TRIBE Member
#1.a) the TTC

i personally think we need more subway lines

but whatever, more money towards ANYTHING TTC related is fabulous

i won't even be taking it that much after september, but i still realize that great transit = great city

b) and go transit. it sucks. i wrote a whole rant in another thread so i don't really want to repeat myself - but it's really fucking bad....reliability, everything.

#2. i'd probably bring up the "don't privatization of the lcbo thing", just because it seems like they leaked the story to get public opinion

#3. potholes. yes i'm a driver too, and the roads are so bad it's pathetic. normally i like to see drivers suffer a little, but this is ridiculous. there's a specific stretch on the 401 where i almost feel like i'm in a videogame - and not in a fun mario cart kind of way.

there's tons of other things i'm sure. but those are the main things that are on my mind/affect me right now....so yeah.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Thats pretty cool, I'd be excited too. TTC and GO service seem to be popular choices. I'd suggest as well some stuff that doesn't make sense good.

Originally posted by starr
#3. potholes. yes i'm a driver too, and the roads are so bad it's pathetic. normally i like to see drivers suffer a little, but this is ridiculous. there's a specific stretch on the 401 where i almost feel like i'm in a videogame - and not in a fun mario cart kind of way.

This would actually more than likely be a municipal issue than a provincial issue.

starr

TRIBE Member
fine james burst my bubble!

revised #3. this doesn't concern me yet, but i feel like all of us should be concerned about this
i think it's provincial

treatment of the elderly, in nursing homes specifically
the star did some crazy report on it awhile ago

i think if we don't make sure that we get a handle on the thing now it's going to screw us over in the future

so there's my three: transportation, booze, and the elderly

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
order of logical priorities.
1) Transportation
2) Waterfront
3) Tobacco

reality

1) sell LCBO off
2) Attain larger provincial debt
3) Call on Quebec and Alberta for help.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
We live in Canada. There is no escaping the pothole problem. It's an annual problem that will continually pop up.

Tell him to keep to his promise of the gas tax for the cities.

And since Paul Martin is a fellow Fiberal, next time they meet, Daltool should make sure Ontario stops getting fucked over on transfer payments. Ontario is economic engine that drives Canada. That engine is being neglected by it's owner.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
bring back ernie!
Don't worry, at the rate Daltool is going, the Tories, minus Eves (who sucked as a leader*) will be back in charge in 4 years time.

*So why do most, if not all, Finance Ministers suck as Leader?