• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

TAGS...do want.

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
can we have a round two of tag effort now that the fucking douches are evicted? Or are we still gonna fuck it up to cowards who won't post their minds and hide behind tags?
I would like tags to work like the intarweb said is it shud.
I tipe food...I gets food. thnxpls.

acheron

TRIBE Member
I'm pretty sure I would abuse the tag function if it were implemented here. For some odd reason, they have tags over at the other place and no one fucks around with them.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
+1 for abuse.

and i dont really understand the point of them for their actual function, isnt that what the search function is for.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
+1 for abuse.

and i dont really understand the point of them for their actual function, isnt that what the search function is for.

They are supposed to increase search engine indexing and actually might do that if they have some direct relevant relationship to the content of the thread. Otherwise they are just annoying. Also, if they are not related to the content of the thread they reduce search engine indexing in my experience.

Search engine indexing is key because it lets everyone out there on the interweb find and read your posts. Bringing back tags would defeat that, therefore it is not going to happen.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
can we have a round two of tag effort now that the fucking douches are evicted?
I might be in love with you.

I'm pretty sure I would abuse the tag function if it were implemented here. For some odd reason, they have tags over at the other place and no one fucks around with them.
why only here then? I guess it's not abused there because there's only like 15 people who post on the reg and they are so fucking agreeable about everything.

not all of us were evicted, thankyouverymuch
*flings poo*

some got what they deserved. Tags and bans.
you're still here :p

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Maybe we could do tags with no links on them? Just have it be the anonymous few word section. I loved the tags, i thought they were hilarious.

octo

TRIBE Member
i never read the tags. i would see posts "lol at tags" but didn't care enough to check the tags. actually it wasn't until just before they got axed that i realised they were at the bottom of the thread.

PS there was a mass ban-hammering? was it because of the tags?

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Ok I have given this subject a bit of thought and here is what I have come up with.

First, if you want to tag, just edit your reply and put your tag in as the reason.

Second, IF tagging was to come back, a list should be published of the top taggers. This provides people with some privacy but if it's one person doing all the tagging or a group they could easily be outed and dealt with by the community as a whole, ie. banned, held accountable, defamation etc.

I think it's a fun and useful tool and it should be brought back and monitored when there are complaints or spikes regarding usage.

stryker

TRIBE Member
I don't want to kick a dead-horse but can someone recap the ban-hammering/tag drama. I dropped off the board for while I'm out sooo out of the loop.

Is this what started the crap?

stew

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
peoples true cuntiness came out only in tags cuz most people wont actually say what was said in those tags with their names attached to it.

classic trolling cuntbaggery IMO.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I don't want to kick a dead-horse but can someone recap the ban-hammering/tag drama. I dropped off the board for while I'm out sooo out of the loop.

Is this what started the crap?

stew
I don't know much about it, but basically there were people who were attacking others via the tags and a few people got upset so I guess some were banned.