• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tablets & Kids

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Hey ya'll

I just jumped into the android tablet world. I have a couple of questions. Thanks

First is my kids keep hitting the home button when playing games. The designers of these games put important buttons for the games right beside the home button which exits the game. Major drag. Is there a way i can prevent this?

Second I there a way to change the response time to the touch of the button. My youngest kid mashes the button and nothing happens. Or he touches it so quickly nothing happens. I get it, there is a learning curve to the right amount of touch, but was just wondering if i could tinker with the settings a bit.

Third recommend me some good games for young kids. Educational games or simple puzzle games. I like full versions, as soon as they is an advertising thats what the kid taps, and bam your into a webpage. Speaking of that, it would be nice to disable that feature as well.

Thanks for sharing your hot tips on how to set up a tablet right.

ian

TRIBE Member
In my experience the kid will figure out the tablet way faster than you. Your problems will likely vanish shortly once they get used to it.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Yes I know, the great outdoors is the place to be. We are an active family. This is for the 10 hour fight to Turkey and the airport / bus rides to our destinations.

Thanks Ian, they will get the hang of it, I like the top apps you posted. Im sure there are a couple of tricks out there for the experience parent out there. Share if you have one.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
My kid smashed my partner's iPad just days after it was purchased. More recently he smashed mine. Invest in the giant oversize iPad protector. Then actually use it. Not using it was my downfall.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
at what age are you introducing your kids to electronics? Mine is 9mths now but aside from letter he view it when I'm on it she has no access to it but clearly has an interest already.

My thinking is I will introduce tech around 2yrs old

Liability

TRIBE Member
at what age are you introducing your kids to electronics? Mine is 9mths now but aside from letter he view it when I'm on it she has no access to it but clearly has an interest already.

My thinking is I will introduce tech around 2yrs old
Some of the recent research suggests none before 2 and limited after that. Our almost 3 year old uses moms phone at times and watches very limited TV. The longer you can wait, I believe the better.