• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Systema Saturdays Artist Search!!!!!!!!!

krosum

TRIBE Member
enemy Ai said:
bring the legend............................ SVEN VATH!!!!!
its weird.... i think he is the worst dj i've ever seen.

daym! i feel very negative on trib these dayzz

seeker

TRIBE Member
i have an old set of his from '97 (Essential Mix) that i enjoy. but that set is more about the tracks and programming of the mix than Sven's mixing itself.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
seeker said:
i have an old set of his from '97 (Essential Mix) that i enjoy. but that set is more about the tracks and programming of the mix than Sven's mixing itself.

He had Ralph help him whip up a few good tracks back in the day, but he's been solely responsible for naught. And as time marches on, so does my lack of like with regards to his sets of Techno fodder.

enemy Ai

TRIBE Member
he might not have the best dj skills but he is still one of the most respected Dj's in the scene, his track selection is off the hook and brings raw energy to the floor

Founder of Cocoon (some of the sickest techno labels around) co-founder of Eye Q and Harthouse

Sven is a legend... end of descussion.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
enemy Ai said:
he might not have the best dj skills but he is still one of the most respected Dj's in the scene, his track selection is off the hook and brings raw energy to the floor

Founder of Cocoon (some of the sickest techno labels around) co-founder of Eye Q and Harthouse

Sven is a legend... end of descussion.

I never complained about his dj skills. I could care less since whatever it is he plays I can't stand.

Founder of Cocoon...unh. Boring.

Eye Q and Harthouse...started some heavy shit. Respect. None of the best releases were his. He was sent material or periodically scouted it. So he HAD an eye for good stuff at one point.

Legend...To some maybe. To me...a washed up top 40 Techno riding the crest of the wave. Some day, when people stop and actually listen to his sets, they'll want some of those moments back.