• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Systema Saturdays Artist Search!!!!!!!!!

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
kate manus said:
always nice to see people actually promoting artists they believe in.
I don't think these guys will be losing sleep over any missed opportunities here either. ;)
well i guess there will always be artists that relish the opportunity to play across the pond and there will always be artists who'll remain indifferent to it.
 

kate manus

TRIBE Member
OhNo! said:
well i guess there will always be artists that relish the opportunity to play across the pond and there will always be artists who'll remain indifferent to it.
or some will continue to play in the U.S. and maybe even Montreal, but not Toronto.
support your locals! ;)
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
kate manus said:
or some will continue to play in the U.S. and maybe even Montreal, but not Toronto.
support your locals! ;)
not sure what you're driving at or what seems to be stuck in your eye that is causing the insessant winking.
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
kate manus said:
Maybe we should get back to the topic at hand… anyone have any suggestions for headliners that will play for $500?
Thats far to low I need a limo, must be a bently, two presidential suites, a helicopter to get me to my limo, six girls on each arm, must be 10's, and a team of ppl to actually lift my records from the sleves and crates as I play.

Also there should be an audiophile record cleaner that is used befor each record goes on the player. Nothing less than 100K an hour or I just can't see it happening as I am way to busy in the Palms Islands.

:p
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
How could I forget Alex Under...this guy is my #1 never-heard-techno-artist right now.
was speaking with alex earlier this year and this is a def. possibility in the new year.
 

kate manus

TRIBE Member
OhNo! said:
kate manus
As long as it’s before March because after that I am outta here!
(And something tells me a Toronto promoter won’t be paying for my flight to come back)

Alex Under would be a good booking though... too bad no one took advantage of him being here for Mutek.
 

musork

TRIBE Member
mrs peacock said:
What i am trying to say is it is unfortunate that a lot of times people do not get paid for playing out. I am not saying every promoter is like this - but i have enough experince to know that promoters take advantage of artists and have them play for free. I am not pointing the finger at anyone.
I know that sometimes promoters lose $ on nights but i still think artists should be compensated in some way all the time.

HERE HERE!!!!!!!!
but I think its as much the responcablity of the local artist to say "this is my fee, heres my contract" then the rest is up the promoture to decided if they want to pay that fee. But if a local or non local artist doesnt present them selfs in a professional manner, or make it clear that this is what Im worth and I wont play unless you pay me such and such a fee, its pretty easy for a promotre to
take full advantage of that it is some thing I have experinced and seen time and time again. I think its important for EVERYONE invloved in the transaction to talk about it before hand so no one feels slighted or like they are getting jipped.
 

krosum

TRIBE Member
musork said:
HERE HERE!!!!!!!!
but I think its as much the responcablity of the local artist to say "this is my fee, heres my contract" then the rest is up the promoture to decided if they want to pay that fee. But if a local or non local artist doesnt present them selfs in a professional manner, or make it clear that this is what Im worth and I wont play unless you pay me such and such a fee, its pretty easy for a promotre to
take full advantage of that it is some thing I have experinced and seen time and time again. I think its important for EVERYONE invloved in the transaction to talk about it before hand so no one feels slighted or like they are getting jipped.
hi musork :)

*waves*
 

kaniz

TRIBE Member
can we get a musrok vs krosum back to back set?

Or simply musork with a mirror next to him... either way works
 

krosum

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
can we get a musrok vs krosum back to back set?

Or simply musork with a mirror next to him... either way works

I would play b2b with musork. However, I would play the opposite of what was being thrown down, it may be hard for most to grasp - not so much for the dancefloor oriented.

I think we are just ahead of our time right now. But I predict sometime in the near future.

Kro
 

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
i think if you guys played back to back no sound would come out of the speakers.... you guys would have your sounds cancel each other out
 

kaniz

TRIBE Member
and really - how fucken minimal would that be? Truely ground-breaking. I'd be clapping with 1 hand to show my appreciation.
 

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
kate manus said:
As long as it’s before March because after that I am outta here!
(And something tells me a Toronto promoter won’t be paying for my flight to come back)
we know you buy records....

still yet to hear a mix Irishlady from the east!
 

kate manus

TRIBE Member
tEkKiD said:
we know you buy records....
still yet to hear a mix Irishlady from the east!
well a promoter in Toronto recently mentioned the possibility of me throwing down some beats there early next year.. so you might just get to see/hear me in da flesh!
Hope something can be worked out, it'd be nice to see some familar faces and finally meet some others such as yourself. :)
 

kate manus

TRIBE Member
Since you've got Mini booked already I have a few other 'local' suggestions from these parts...

Creator (guy who runs the RaveMontreal site and parties.. great guy, great dj)
Mateo Murphy (I know he has played Toronto a few times in recent memory... like when I saw him open for Speedy J earlier this year.. but it'd be nice to see him play out more often these days!)
Marco G (not always a fan of his style but I don't think he has ever played Toronto either)
 

kaniz

TRIBE Member
How about The Mole

and kate, is Soundshaper still around? caught him twice when I was in Montreal and really enjoyed him.
 

techno@work

TRIBE Member
Humanjava said:
Oh but Toronto promoters love to loose money and why not spend 20K on a room that can make at best 3K. The down side to many top names is first class air for them and manager, 5 star hotel, meals, etc.

Still there are top acts though that don't cost as much as your car.

Oh, Humanjava ,.. just a quick question though, who would you recommend that would play for a lot cheaper.. like 500-600 a night?

just wondering...

c<-----
 
Top