• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Systema Saturdays Artist Search!!!!!!!!!

dtox

TRIBE Member
Laurent Garnier
Hell
Richie Hawtin
Traxx

It would be wonderful to hear any of these folks not at a super club.

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
^^

Guido was mucho fun at Mutek.

Few others can walk the tightrope between techno and house like Mr. Schneider.

enemy Ai

TRIBE Member
Extrawelt --> pls book them again!!
Solieb
James Holden
Richie Hawtin
Sven Vaeth
The Rockitmen
Fuzzion
Petter
Taksi
Zombie Nation

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Rolando
Mills
Sterac
Scion - (or other Chain/Basic Channel Crew)
Pacou
Dimitri Pike
The Butcher from 313
I do think we seen enough of the same old same old way too much though...
Things will not grow if you bring the same talent in always. Even if they are good.
Many more good ppl I did not mention

kate manus

TRIBE Member
Humanjava said:
I'd rather see a Rachmad set instead! but he can do both in the same night. Only seen him once before and he was GREAT... plus... who wouldn't love to hear him drop Ignacio??

It's always nice to see promoters booking some fresh names though... so many talented artists who have never played Canada (or North America even) and others that haven't been back in ages. Even though I don't think many of my choices would be very likely.. here are my picks:

DJ Murphy (he'd put on an AMAZING show.. and he'd play for a decent price)
Joel Mull (be nice to line this up when he tours the US again next Spring)
Hertz
Gayle San
Cari Lekebusch (too bad no one took advantage of him being in the US in a few weeks!)
Cristian Varela
Marko Nastic
Alex Bau (not too expensive and his past shows in Montreal have been good)
Eric Sneo
Oscar Mulero
Advent (ciscooooooo!)
Charles Siegling (technasia)

kate manus

TRIBE Member
just remembered Deetron would be good as well.
He's been shopped around to me for a good price when he has played NYC a few times! saw him on NYE last year.. solid show.

Acidman

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I think his agaric style would raise just as much interest, if not more so, than his Skoog name
Agreed.

I like his Agaric stuff more specially the Agaric & Ecco releases and the dancefloor killer of the summer on Nummer by San Lebowski (Agaric & Ecco)... his agaric stuff to me sounds better specially when he collaborates... would love to see him play live.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Acidman said:
Agreed.

I like his Agaric stuff more specially the Agaric & Ecco releases and the dancefloor killer of the summer on Nummer by San Lebowski (Agaric & Ecco)... his agaric stuff to me sounds better specially when he collaborates... would love to see him play live.
San Lebowski is Agaric and Ecco?
Learn something new everyday!

How could I forget Alex Under...this guy is my #1 never-heard-techno-artist right now.

mercure

TRIBE Promoter
Monika Kruse would be great, I'd wanted to see her forever. Huntemann. Takkyu Ishino. A lot of the names already mentioned - Varela, Lekebusch, Delano, Deetron.

poker face

TRIBE Member
Some of the replies are hilarious. Why don't you people pick any more "A" class dj's. I think there are only a few left out.

Troy Pierce would be nice to hear in a place besides This Is London.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
poker face said:
Some of the replies are hilarious. Why don't you people pick any more "A" class dj's. I think there are only a few left out.
Oh but Toronto promoters love to loose money and why not spend 20K on a room that can make at best 3K. The down side to many top names is first class air for them and manager, 5 star hotel, meals, etc.

Still there are top acts though that don't cost as much as your car.